• Register Today It's free!

2nd row Buckets to Bench Seat?

ChicagoJim23

Reaction score
City, State
Denver Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The 'middle' seat is actually part of the 60 part of the bench's 40/60 split. I believe that the 40 part of a bench is the same as the current bucket seat. Most members here were looking to swap a bench for the buckets. Not many looking for the reverse. Just wondering if this is to accommodate a center child seat?

Peter

I actually do Uber full time with my Explorer and have to turn down rides because of the lack of ability to transport 6 passengers. On a personal level I prefer the bucket seats I think they're great but they're costing me time and money

Not sure if you've seen the actual bench. I think the middle portion would only be suitable for a child or small adult.

P1110179_1.JPG

As long as it has a seat belt is all that matters, I've actually sat 3 in the 3rd row a couple of times which I'm not a fan of .

I looked at the parts pretty closely and it looks like all i would have to swap is the 60 portion and it looks pretty easy. I just have to make sure if the seats I'm buying have inflatable belts or I'll have to swap buckles

Thanks

@peterk9
I noticed in your signature that you had a Lincoln MKT as well

How did you like it compared to the Explorer?

E
@peterk9
I noticed in your signature that you had a Lincoln MKT as well

How did you like it compared to the Explorer?
Liked it very much. It had a slightly smoother ride than the Explorer and it sits a little lower as well. Lots of 2nd row foot room. Probably at least twice as much as the Explorer. It is also 10" longer. I lease my vehicles and rarely get to the end before the dealer calls because they know I put very little mileage on them. The MKT was in the showroom when they called saying they had a buyer for my 2011 Ltd. Explorer which had a year left on the lease. They paid off the remaining 5 months on the MKT and then bought it from Lincoln and shipped it to the States.

Peter

Did you ever get any further on this? I'd be interested in seeing what the mounting hardware looks like. Also, does the 60 seat slide forward or tilt forward like the buckets?

We have a 2014 Limited with 2nd row buckets and the inflatable belts. It's hard to give rides to anyone because our kids' car seats are in the 3rd row, which only leaves 2 available seats. That keeps us from bringing along a friend with 2 teenagers. It's either this, or I go to an Excursion / Expedition.

I'm curious if the second row buckets fold forward as well. I doubt they do.. reguardess it is swappable. You would just need the bench seat and the rear flip latches. Same as converting a piu over. The brackets that actually flip the seat forward are permanent to the seat itself.

The OEM 2nd row buckets both fold and I believe also tumble forward. At least the ones that I had did.

Peter

The OEM 2nd row buckets both fold and I believe also tumble forward. At least the ones that I had did.

Peter
Then it should be a simple swap if they tumble forward aswell. Unbolt old seat. Bolt in new

I'm curious if the second row buckets fold forward as well. I doubt they do.. reguardess it is swappable. You would just need the bench seat and the rear flip latches. Same as converting a piu over. The brackets that actually flip the seat forward are permanent to the seat itself.

So, I can't remember how our 2011 was setup. I know we didn't have the push button on the panel that automatically flips them forward. You're saying just unbolt the frame from the buckets and then put a 60/40 in? If so, I need to start looking for people who want to trade. I'll gladly go over to a 60/40 if it's that easy.

So, I can't remember how our 2011 was setup. I know we didn't have the push button on the panel that automatically flips them forward. You're saying just unbolt the frame from the buckets and then put a 60/40 in? If so, I need to start looking for people who want to trade. I'll gladly go over to a 60/40 if it's that easy.

I have a 2014 Limited with the black 60/40 second row and I am looking for the bucket seats for the 2nd row.

Back