2nd row console | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row console

Hi. Did DB5Z-78045A36-AA really fitted nicely on 2016 Platinum? I'm asking, because according to the part number it fits 2011-2015 and Ford gives GB5Z-78045A36-AA as the one that fits 2016-2018 years. Need this console also and really would appreciate your feedback.

Here's my '18 Platinum...I just had the console installed by the dealer, the stitching is a perfect match of the front console...

EXPLORER 17.jpg

EXPLORER 18.jpg

EXPLORER 19.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI,

Following my original Explorer Forum post from 2019, I did purchase DB5Z-78045A36-AA (charcoal/pebble stitching) second row console for our 2017 Explorer Platinum in May 2020.

I thoroughly researched all the replacement parts for the second row console and the ONLY difference was related to the various lid stitching variations. We needed the white stitching (vs black, red or rust stitching) and the white stitch was not offered in the pre-built version (GB5Z-78045A36-xx) offered for 2017-2019.

DB5Z-78045A36-AA CHARCOAL/PEBBLE - Is black with white stitching on lid

GB5Z-78045A36-AA - Is black with black stitching on lid. Note: there is no white stitching version for the lid using this p/n

46edc19c9363ad95f2a511b6b84b21d6.jpg

Console, 2nd Row, Sport
GB5Z-78045A36-AB
Console - 2nd Row, Sport, Ebony/Redline.
$375.00
$318.75
ADD TO CART

GB5Z78045A36AA - Interior: Console, 2nd Row for Ford: Explorer Image Placeholder

Update on my 2nd row console installation. If you are lucky enough to locate an assembled 2nd row console it is a very easy install. Flip the two bucket seats up to access the full floor and allow room to work. Remove the plastic floor plate, which reveals the mounting bracket and use the same bolts to attach the console which fits over the bracket. I did not have to trim the carpet (as suggested to me and strongly recommend that you don't) and also did not have to utilize the floor mounting holes located on the bottom front of the console as it fits quite snug with just using the back bracket mount. Without cutting the carpet you can easily remove the console and retain the finished look. If you have small children it may be easier for them to jump in the third row without fussing with the second row seats! Love the second row console!
I've got a 2018 Explorer with the 2nd row buckets, so not sure if this can be answered from this thread. I would like to know if the console is flush with the buckets when they're folded down.

FYI,

Following my original Explorer Forum post from 2019, I did purchase DB5Z-78045A36-AA (charcoal/pebble stitching) second row console for our 2017 Explorer Platinum in May 2020.

I thoroughly researched all the replacement parts for the second row console and the ONLY difference was related to the various lid stitching variations. We needed the white stitching (vs black, red or rust stitching) and the white stitch was not offered in the pre-built version (GB5Z-78045A36-xx) offered for 2017-2019.

DB5Z-78045A36-AA CHARCOAL/PEBBLE - Is black with white stitching on lid

GB5Z-78045A36-AA - Is black with black stitching on lid. Note: there is no white stitching version for the lid using this p/n

View attachment 328117View attachment 328110
Console, 2nd Row, Sport
GB5Z-78045A36-AB
Console - 2nd Row, Sport, Ebony/Redline.
$375.00
$318.75
ADD TO CART

View attachment 328118View attachment 328109
Console, 2nd Row
GB5Z-78045A36-AA
2nd Row Console, Ebony/Black.
$375.00
$318.75
ADD TO CART
I would like to know if the console is flush with the buckets when they're folded down.

I would like to know if the console is flush with the buckets when they're folded down.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Looking at the above pictures, I would guess that it might be close to being flush. Perhaps one of the members could post a picture with the 2nd-row seats folded.

Peter

Я хотів би знати, чи консоль знаходиться на одному рівні з відрами, коли вони складаються.
No it is not flush. Only if you open it ( you risk then to broke, accidentally, the hinges on the cover).

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I have had a rear cargo liner in all my vehicles. I would not go without one. I also always have the floor liners. Usually from Husky but the ones I have now in the Aviator are the OEM liners and I'm very happy with them.

Peter

Back