2nd row console | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd row console

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd seen that one but the Partscheap site says it is for the 2011 - 2015 models. I realize there isn't much change in the 2016 but I want to be sure before I pay for something I might not be able to use.
You can always check with Benny at Levittown Ford Super Store to see if there was any change.

Peter

You can always check with Benny at Levittown Ford Super Store to see if there was any change.

Peter

Ok, do I just do an internet search for the store & call there asking for Benny?

Picked up a new 2016 Explorer Sport last week. It has the 2nd row buckets, but didn't have the console. I asked the dealer to throw the console in for free as part of the purchase, and they agreed. It took a few days for the part to come in, so I installed it myself today. Piece of cake! Looks fantastic too.

The only challenge was identifying where the front threaded holes are since they are under the carpet. The instructions are spot-on though, and I was careful to cut the carpet as specified. I had to push down quite hard on the front of the console to compress the carpet enough that the bolts in the front could "catch" the threads. Also FYI that there was metal tape over the threaded holes, so I had to punch through that before starting the bolts into the holes.

Overall, it's a great addition and I'm very pleased with it. Nice touch with the red stitching to match the rest of the interior.

Peter

The console I installed today is the same part... no change for the 2016s.

Picked up a new 2016 Explorer Sport last week. It has the 2nd row buckets, but didn't have the console. I asked the dealer to throw the console in for free as part of the purchase, and they agreed. It took a few days for the part to come in, so I installed it myself today. Piece of cake! Looks fantastic too.

The only challenge was identifying where the front threaded holes are since they are under the carpet. The instructions are spot-on though, and I was careful to cut the carpet as specified. I had to push down quite hard on the front of the console to compress the carpet enough that the bolts in the front could "catch" the threads. Also FYI that there was metal tape over the threaded holes, so I had to punch through that before starting the bolts into the holes.

Overall, it's a great addition and I'm very pleased with it. Nice touch with the red stitching to match the rest of the interior.
I have a new 2016 explorer platinum. I had my dealer order me the 2nd row console. Disappointed
Part No. DB5Z-78045A36-AA
all black no white stitching. I have seen a ebony/pebble on line eBay quirk parts. $325. Is it the black with white stiching??? What part number is one with white stitching??
Please help. Ford doesn't know
Gabby

I have a new 2016 explorer platinum. I had my dealer order me the 2nd row console. Disappointed
Part No. DB5Z-78045A36-AA
all black no white stitching. I have seen a ebony/pebble on line eBay quirk parts. $325. Is it the black with white stiching??? What part number is one with white stitching??
Please help. Ford doesn't know
Gabby
search the part no and you see the first link in amazon..its with black stitching..

search the part no and you see the first link in amazon..its with black stitching..
Yes
has anyone ordered this with quirk parts?? Any pictures ?? I am worried it says it for sport. Hope it's not red

ford dealer states it is not a guarantee for DB5Z-78045A36-AA to fit my 2016 explorer.
It only has a charcoal black GB5Z-78045A36-AD.
In pictures from the factory it is the black with white stitching like the DB5Z-78045A36-AA
No body has the answer of what part number is installed at the factory. They haven't released it or nobody knows

My older brother picked up a tri color white 2017 platinum "Got the white perfect color for FL" fully loaded 2nd row buckets, but didn't come with 2nd row console it's only $150. Would it be hard to install that console, would dealer install it? Or is it worth it to buy 2nd row console....

Thanks

My older brother picked up a tri color white 2017 platinum "Got the white perfect color for FL" fully loaded 2nd row buckets, but didn't come with 2nd row console it's only $150. Would it be hard to install that console, would dealer install it? Or is it worth it to buy 2nd row console....

Thanks
It's a $150 option only when you order the vehicle. More like around $300 after wards. Your n merged with this existing one. You can find others by using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right).

Peter

ford dealer states it is not a guarantee for DB5Z-78045A36-AA to fit my 2016 explorer.
It only has a charcoal black GB5Z-78045A36-AD.
In pictures from the factory it is the black with white stitching like the DB5Z-78045A36-AA
No body has the answer of what part number is installed at the factory. They haven't released it or nobody knows
Hi all, this is my 1st post, a couple months ago I picked up a used 2016 Tri-white Platinum originally purchased in 09/2015. It only had 6,000 miles on it, always garaged and in near perfect condition. I had a few questions and ended up lurking on this forum and have learned a lot since.
thanks_zps13671873.gif

To the topic: My car needed the second row console and after reading here about the various console versions I bought Console # DB5Z-78045A36-AA CHARCOAL/PEBBLE - looks just like the Platinum 1st row console with the white stitching. I purchased it here: http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oe-ford/db5z78045a36aa. The cost was $275 plus shipping, it was a fairly easy install and is a perfect match, now I have a place to store the wireless earphones and DVD's for the 2nd row headrest DVD system!
thumb_zpsy247v3zr.gif

Welcome to the Forum ExPlat and thanks for becoming an Elite member to help support the site.:wave:

Peter

Hi all, this is my 1st post, a couple months ago I picked up a used 2016 Tri-white Platinum originally purchased in 09/2015. It only had 6,000 miles on it, always garaged and in near perfect condition. I had a few questions and ended up lurking on this forum and have learned a lot since.
thanks_zps13671873.png

To the topic: My car needed the second row console and after reading here about the various console versions I bought Console # DB5Z-78045A36-AA CHARCOAL/PEBBLE - looks just like the Platinum 1st row console with the white stitching. I purchased it here: http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oe-ford/db5z78045a36aa. The cost was $275 plus shipping, it was a fairly easy install and is a perfect match, now I have a place to store the wireless earphones and DVD's for the 2nd row headrest DVD system!
thumb_zpsy247v3zr.png
Hi. Did DB5Z-78045A36-AA really fitted nicely on 2016 Platinum? I'm asking, because according to the part number it fits 2011-2015 and Ford gives GB5Z-78045A36-AA as the one that fits 2016-2018 years. Need this console also and really would appreciate your feedback.

Hi. Did DB5Z-78045A36-AA really fitted nicely on 2016 Platinum? I'm asking, because according to the part number it fits 2011-2015 and Ford gives GB5Z-78045A36-AA as the one that fits 2016-2018 years. Need this console also and really would appreciate your feedback.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Explorer underwent a 'refresh' in 2016 but I'm not sure if the console was actually affected.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Explorer underwent a 'refresh' in 2016 but I'm not sure if the console was actually affected.

Peter
Thank you Peter. For some reason the GB consoles (those for 2016-18) are only black and red stitching. But in my Platinum I have white stitching. Would be a big relief for me to know that DB consoles fit the 2016-18 Explorers. But need some proof from the members, that already tried it .

I used to have a 2017 Platinum but it didn't have a 2nd row console. I hope ExPlat get s back to you on this. He was last active here on the 15th. You could always sent him a PM (Start a conversation) and see what he says and report back.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to have a 2017 Platinum but it didn't have a 2nd row console. I hope ExPlat get s back to you on this. He was last active here on the 15th. You could always sent him a PM (Start a conversation) and see what he says and report back.

Peter
Thank you. Good idea. I will write him.

Back