• Register Today It's free!

2nd Row Seat Rattle

zed512

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Quick question: My 2nd row seat is rattling on rough roads. If someone is sitting on the seat it doesn't seem to rattle which leads me to believe the issue is coming from the bottom of the seat where it hooks to the rod on the car.
My question is: when you pull back the seat and expose the two hooks (one in the middle of the car and one nearest to the door)... should both of these hooks close and lock? I can pull the seat back and push over the hook nearest the middle to the car and it locks. But, the one nearest the door doesn't.

When the seat is in the normal position I can hit the side of the upright part and replicate the noise.. it seems that the hook nearest the door isn't grabbing the rod tight.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran a little test, and like yours, the inboard lock will lock when fiddled with, but the outboard lock does not. That being said, we do not have any rattle noises.

Ok thanks for checking... Will check a few other sources before taking to dealer

Thanks Cory... was trying to avoid another trip to the dealer since the car has been in and out constantly getting stuff fixed.

Thanks Cory... was trying to avoid another trip to the dealer since the car has been in and out constantly getting stuff fixed.
You’re welcome, zed512; please send me a PM if you’d like a follow-up from Deborah.

Cory

Back