2WD AOD trans to 1354 t case?

TheRookie

Traveling SAS guru
Reaction score
City, State
West Chester PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
This is something I havent looked into yet. Well My trannie popped a front pump seal and I am sick and tired of the a4ld woes. This is the SEVENTH time I have had my trans out of this truck. This time because of it I cant go to paragon with everyone cause my last little bit of cash had to by a torque converter.
Anyway I am looking at a tbrd donor vehicle., Its a 94 with an auto. My understanding is that makes it an AOD. So How can I put a t case on this? I am sure there is a way to change output shafts and maybe a tail housing or something. Please LMK soon so I can jsut do the swap and get rid of the crap a4ld. Obviously the 4.0 will go at the same time but I cant complain about its quality at all.

Get the 5" Advance Adapters adapter that Jamie just used on his swap. For $500 or so you get the tailshaft and the output shaft. Then the 1354 will bolt right on. I have the same setup also. Works good. :D

Well that sure makes things easy. Thanks. I figured there was an easy solution somewhere. Now to start scraping together money

Back