• Register Today It's free!

3.5L NATURALLY ASPIRATED

greg0920

Reaction score
City, State
essex, maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer xlt
Has anyone been able to open up this engine? I feel that for a 6cyl this thing has no pep or get up and go unless you floor it. There is a dead spot when accelerating. I am just very disappointed in this engine. I have a 2013 explorer XLT 4x4. I have put an AEM dryflow air filter in it and it seems to have opened it up a little bit but not like I want it. Any help and or suggestions would be great. Not looking to drop a lot of money.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2016 get right up and goes with no problems.

Just remember the saying on tuners and then having to go back to the dealer for a engine warranty. If you want to play you will have to pay.

Has anyone been able to open up this engine? I feel that for a 6cyl this thing has no pep or get up and go unless you floor it. There is a dead spot when accelerating. I am just very disappointed in this engine. I have a 2013 explorer XLT 4x4. I have put an AEM dryflow air filter in it and it seems to have opened it up a little bit but not like I want it. Any help and or suggestions would be great. Not looking to drop a lot of money.
I had the 3.5L in my 2011 Limited and thought it had great power. Not as much as the current Ecoboost but good enough for such a heavy vehicle.

Peter

I feel my 2016 3.5 has plenty of power

Back