3.8 supercharge v6 in a 94 ford explorer sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.8 supercharge v6 in a 94 ford explorer sport

The 460 is an interesting swap, be it in a Ranger, Explorer, or Fox Mustang. But in all cases it is not easy, and you won't likely be keeping power steering or air conditioning. While the thought of the 460's torque makes me drool, a 302 would be far more practical and has more aftermarket support today.

Of course I refer to the 302 Windsor... not the new 5.0 "Coyote". Now that is an interesting motor swap idea in my opinion. Aftermarket support in future is a sure thing and it's available in crate form. Installation would be breaking new ground but wouldn't be impossible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good freind of mine has a 496 in a second gen, but it is custom frame and everything. Only thing explorer about it is the shell lol.

Crate?

The 460 is an interesting swap, be it in a Ranger, Explorer, or Fox Mustang. But in all cases it is not easy, and you won't likely be keeping power steering or air conditioning. While the thought of the 460's torque makes me drool, a 302 would be far more practical and has more aftermarket support today.

Of course I refer to the 302 Windsor... not the new 5.0 "Coyote". Now that is an interesting motor swap idea in my opinion. Aftermarket support in future is a sure thing and it's available in crate form. Installation would be breaking new ground but wouldn't be impossible.

Wll, if you have (and want to spend) the money, there's also the 302 based motor from the Boss. 500 hp/450 ft lbs. Same height as the 5.0.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13118

Or, for $5000 less, you get a factory refurbed 302 (well, 306) with 340 hp and 350 ft lbs. And easily modded to get lots more!
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11752

thast the nice thing about 302's their are so many mods it's probably about even with the SBC to get to the 500 hp level.

I just say spray the damn thing lol.

check out my thread im doin a 460 in a 94 sport 2 door ..

haha yea i thought i posted it but didnt :palmface: and i will be keeping power steering will look something like this
BBRanger3.jpg
but this is propane powered and supercharged

Back