3" BL Questions

Ranger379

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
middle of nowhere, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4X4 4.0 OHV Auto
hey guys i cant seem to find a body lift for my 96 any help?

lol just kidding....

anyway my friend gave me a body lift kit he mad in machine shop. just wondering if it will work. its 10 round pucks 3inches tall with a 1/2 inch holl in the center. they are 2 inches in dia.

i can just buy normal high quality bolts of the appropriate length right?

i was gonna wait to maybe do a body lift in the spring, but hey this was free and will be alot better quality than the PA kit lol. ill just need the shifter extension right? what about steering? i read you need a new shaft?

thanks! more lift is on the way! lol

everyone was right, once you start- you just cant stop!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do yourself and everyone else around you a favor & buy the PA body lift. You will have to buy or make a steering shaft extender if you use the backwoods hockey puck lift.

buy the proper lift, or dont lift it at all.....

i dont know if you have ever looked at the stock body mounts, but they are a lot thicker than 2" in diameter

cant you buy the steering extension and shifter extension seperate from them? i know factory body mounts are bigger in diameter, but these ones i have are made from solid steel, all ten of them weigh about 50-60 pounds or so, they are not a cheap puck or anything

I think the body mounts are 3'' across if I remember correctly, so it's not that huge of a difference. It's re-assuring that they're made of steel and not plastic, however it's hard to go against the advice to just buy the kit, especially because it's relatively cheap.

i realize the kit is not that expensive and comes with everything, directions, etc etc. BUT these are made of solid steel, its not some redneck hob cobble job, they are just 2inch in diameter rather than 3. the big part is that they are free, the kid made em for a project but then just sat in the garage lol. so i might as well use them, what do the parts run when bought seperately? shifter extension and steering extension?

does anyone happen to have part numbers?
i found the manual shifter extension part number PRA-3700 summitracing has it for 40 bucks
what is the part number for the steering extension for the 853 kit?

thanks alot!

thats crazy, 100 bucks for that little thing???? makes no sense that the extension is 100 and the rest of the entire kit is like 70 lol, maybe i can find a used one or something

I agree i thought the same thing when i found out it too

what about flaming river? i heard they have steering extensions, are they any cheaper?

for a two inch body lift you dont need a steering extension.

well if you dont need steering extension if you do the 2inch BL mabye ill cut them down to 2 inches, i only need the BL to eliminate front rubbing issue, so i could deal with 2inches. so i would NOT need the extension for 2inches no matter what?
might just do that.....thanks for the info

what about the shifter extension? i dont think they make a 2inch extension do they? could i use the 3inch extension anyway and just have a longer stick? how do you install those anyway? do you put it on top under the shift knob?

thanks guys!

Back