• Register Today It's free!

30 in tires

laker203

Reaction score
City, State
baltimore
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Can i fit 30 in tires on a 98 explorer XLT without a body lift, and can i use the same wheels that come standard on the XLT
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am sure that you can fit them on the stock rims depending on how wide you want em. And i believe you should be able to use those without a body lift or suspension lift. Might want to check with others first though. Hope that at least points you in the right direction. Try running a search on tires.

By the way.. Welcome to the site!

Chris:D

running 30x9.50 now with no problems. I'd guess you could even fit 31's on there. Stock rims are fine.

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!

im running 265 70 r16's which are pretty damn close to 31" on stock rims with no lift whatsoever.

i think on www.explorer4x4.com it says somewhere that the biggest tire you can fit stock is like a 31x10.5 - once in a while you can fit a 32"? or 11.5" wide.

A lot of factory 98's came standard with 30's.

I have a 98 XLT V8 running 265 75 R16.
I had to do some trimming but they fit and no rubbing.

I europe the xlts come with 255/70-16s stock, witch would be 10.03 inches wide and 30.1 inches tall(diameter).
My '96 actually DO rub a little bit under full compression(like when I go over a ditch and have more or less only left front and right rear on the ground), but only then.. I have no lift and no trimming at all(you can take a look at my pics to see how it looks)

Back