32x11.5x15 on spacer and add-a-leaf lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

32x11.5x15 on spacer and add-a-leaf lift?

I am putting the F-150 spacer/ add-a-leaf lift on the X soon and I will be getting new tires next summer. I was looking at procomp ATs and noticed that the 32s only stand 31.3" tall, while the BFG 31s stand 30.7" tall. Since the BFG 31s will generally fit without a lift, I was wondering how hard it would be to squeeze 32s on the spacer/add-a-leaf lift since they are only .6" taller than the BFG 31". I don't mind trimming the inner fenders, but I really don't want to start hacking up the sheet metal on the outer fenders. I can also make the spacers longer by welding on some tube, and I can make some shackels for the rear as well to bring the lift up to a full 2".

I'm going to be putting 4.10s in with the bigger tires so I figured I could skip 31s and get ahead of my brother, who loves the tell me that he has 31s :D

Also, the 32x11.5 is too wide to run on stock rims, right? So I would have to get a set of 15x8s.

So what do you guys think?

You should be able to run 32's might have to trim a little but I dont think you will need to go as far as sheet metal. You wont need 15x8 wheels, you can run them on your stock wheels and it will be just fine.

i know u have a 1st gen X so the height issue prob is different but i went with the 3" BL on my 96 sport and also im running the 32x11.50x15 BFG MT and i have plenty of room no trimming.

The lift info prob doesnt help due to diff. gen. X but i will say i love the BFG and i would recommend them.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll get the procomp ATs because don't want to copy everyone else I know who has the BFGs and because the Procomps come with a 50,000 mile warrenty where as the BFGs don't and because I've heard the procomps are awesome off road too.

From the searching that I've done it looks like the best thing I can do to avoid rubbing with the 32s on a 2" lift is to get 15x8 wheels w/ 3.75 backspacing. By holding the tire out further it eliminates a lot of rubbing.

yosh18981898 said:
By holding the tire out further it eliminates a lot of rubbing.

or creates more rubbing in different places

Back