• Register Today It's free!

TT and Add-a-leaf lift HELP!

Jonny95

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
My explorer is saggy and needs a little makeover. I've seen a lot of info about torsion bar twist lifts, but the problem I have is that my torsion bars are pretty shot. My driver side bar is maxed out and the car still sags on the driver side about an inch lower then the passenger side. What I think I need to do is pick up some new torsion bars that are full of life. Does anybody know where I can find replacement/upgraded torsion bars for a 95 explorer and how much they would cost? Additionally, does anybody know where I can find 2" add-a-leafs or 2" rear spring lift blocks? I may need new leaf springs all together as my current ones are sagging pretty good. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could always hit up a junkyard for the heavy code torsion bars out of a 5.0 X. As for the AAL, you can look to ProComp for those. You probably won't get 2 full inches though. I didn't get near that much.

Also, 2nd Gen Explorers are spring under axle, so there are no lift blocks. You could do a SOA conversion, but then you'd get like 5 or 6 inches of lift in the back and you're front would really look saggy then, lol.

My concern with getting T-bars from the junkyard is that I may end up with someone else's saggy bars. Any thoughts on that, or where to buy new ones? Do you know if newer explorers (like 2003 or something) have compatible torsion bars?

welcome jonny

There is an element of risk when you purchase something from a junkyard. As for new ones, I've never inquired about any, but I'd start by searching on Google. You'll need bars from a 1995-2001 Explorer.

welcome. www.fastpartsnetwork.com want $85 each if i remember right. if youre planning on keeping your ex, go with new bars.

that spring over axle set up...I had that suggested to me tonight. It really adds 5 to 6" of lift eh. Thats a shame seeing I would probably be on stock wheels for a while lol...might look a little odd

hey check your body mount bushings on the sag because ford explorers bushings turn into like dust and ford refuses to recognize the problem

my X was leaning on the drivers side as well but my bushings on that side didnt exist....i bought new ones and replaced them all the way around my X and there wasn't a sag around the entire ride

Back