35" on 6in lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

35" on 6in lift

chetney

Reaction score
City, State
Flint,mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
What problems will i run into switching:eek: from 32 to35? I don't mind trimming the front fenders if needed. Any pics with 35" on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

List Your Current Mods and Then What You Plan To Have !

I second that !

I have 4.10 gears
4in coils,plan to add coil spacers. Rear is already lifted.
Still need to find a drop pitman.

Is this on a 2002? 410 gears are weak for 35s and sure you know your speedo will be way off

1992 explorer.
I plan to upgrade to 4.88 or 5.13 gears in the future. I may just stick with 32-33 in tires.

If Your going To Re Gear You Might As Well Go With Bigger Tires , Just Depends On How You Wheel Your Rig with 35" , I Seen A Bronco II On 35's And It Was Not Re geared And It Never really Got Stuck in Mud !

Here's my 94 with 35's. 4:88 gears (should have waited for the 5:13's) makes it close to stock-ish, 7" of lift (4" suspension-3" BL) and slight front fender trimming....
DSC00052.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

sp22.jpg

I have an sas but have lifted it only 5-6"s over stock (soa only in the rear).

Haughs_20120218_1235.jpg

untitled.JPG

I traded some stuff for a set of 35" tires. Now to find a good wheel combo that will fit the explorer.

I traded some stuff for a set of 35" tires. Now to find a good wheel combo that will fit the explorer.

What are you doing for lift?

got 6in in the rear. 4in springs in the front. Im going to try and install some coil spacers and see if that clears enough with some fender trimming. If not, i will take the 4" coils off and buy some 6".

This is on a 1992 also.

got 6in in the rear. 4in springs in the front. Im going to try and install some coil spacers and see if that clears enough with some fender trimming. If not, i will take the 4" coils off and buy some 6".

This is on a 1992 also.

The rear will clear but your need ALOT of trimming up from even with 6" springs.

How much trimming do you think is needed? I have ****ty front fenders on there right now, so its not a big deal. Its my dd/weekend mud toy. I drive 8 minutes to work.

How much trimming do you think is needed? I have ****ty front fenders on there right now, so its not a big deal. Its my dd/weekend mud toy. I drive 8 minutes to work.

Every truck is different and every tire/rim combo is different .i would say the hole bottom corner and some of the body/fender mounts.if you look at the pics posted you can see how much they have trimmed and they have more than 6" of lift.im sure you can make them fit but if you wheel it hard they may rub with trimming.i can tell you with 5.5 lift and 33x12.50 i trimmed to the point of not being able to trim and they still rubbed.i run 9" of lift with fiberglass fenders and my 36x14.50 come VERY close to rubbing

This is on a 1992 also.

I would do the spacers and if it dont clear and looks like your trim to much.then i would just add a bodylift.cheap and dont look bad on ex.hell one of my fav mods,gave me soooo much more room under the truck between the body and drive line and frame.

FWIW. On my '94 (6" skyjacker, 35x14.5x15 Thornbirds) I had about 1/4" clearance between the tire and corner of the fender. The lift was pulled off my Ranger and swapped onto the Ex, so the springs were already broken in. I couldnt turn the tires at all. I cut almost 3" out of the fender and rolled about 3/4" back to form a new lip. I can still get them to rub, if I so desire.

Thanks for all the help. Going to try to find some wheels and see if i can cut up some fenders. I have two newer fenders sitting my shed, so cutting us the rusty ones on there are not a huge deal breaker to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back