Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 115 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

e6e7e0d9.jpg

0d45c753.jpg

getting lights tomorrow,
wheels and tires will be here soon!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks really good man :thumbsup:...

what kind of lights are you going to get? Also, what size are you going to get for wheels and tires?

Hella 500s
285/75 r 16x8 4.25BS -5 offset
(basically a 33x11.50..?) so i hope that sticks em out, but not too much!

Thanks BTW

Gamecooks, they will just barely stick out past the fenderwells. Check my registry for pics of my rims, they're 17x8.5s with a -6 offset

Got a new roof rack :D

As always, sorry for the millions of pics!!

Hey 43, How did you end up wiring your lights?(did you run them thru the top of the door panel or down thru the roof?) I have four lights at home waiting on me but I havn't decided what the best way to wire them is yet.

Very nice ride wanacustomx! Jwigs7, i was planning to do a write-up with pictures and everything, but of course, my camera died the day of the install. how we did it was we made all the wires go thourgh the inside of the crossbar and come out of the bottom on left side. then they went into the front of the rack where it connects to the roof. We took the rack off and drilled a hole through the roof and routed the wires through that, into the headliner, where the ones that went into the switches went into the overhead console, and the others ran down the A-pillar and the under dash through the firewall, through 2 holes we drilled there to get into the engine bay, from there we just wired them up to the fuse box and mounted the relays inside. got it all together again and it worked!

Here are some pictures to refrence to now that my camera is charged.

002-3.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

43, i give you props thats so clean... thats the only way i do mods on my ride.. (do it right the first time) very nice, probably look a little better with electrial tape around the loom, than the zip ties..

Yeah, we still havent really finished that part up completely... its been over 100 degrees for like the last 20 days or something crazy like that. :confused:

yeah just changed my plugs and oil today, in 98 degrees, went through half a case of mountain dew.. lol

Wannacustomx, it looks like you've got some aftermarket tail lights on there?

JY-15.jpg

Something from a sunny day.

nah their stock. i need to black them out again... i used nightshades about 2 years ago and they faded back to stock color.. either goin with 4 gens or blacking them back out.. thx for the comments

Nate yet another awesome pic! When you gonna start the process of making it a iron man ex?

Nate yet another awesome pic! When you gonna start the process of making it a iron man ex?

Soon. I've ordered a few parts for it and am waiting until wednesday for them to come in. Im debadging the sides for now, but I could change my mind and buy emblems for the door.
Im making my ironman a little different but it will be similar. By different I mean a few other off-road accessories that will complete a look.

Great summer pic Nate!!!

Thanks for the comments so far.
If anyone is wondering what the decal says its the Ironman logo.

Very nice ride wanacustomx! Jwigs7, i was planning to do a write-up with pictures and everything, but of course, my camera died the day of the install. how we did it was we made all the wires go thourgh the inside of the crossbar and come out of the bottom on left side. then they went into the front of the rack where it connects to the roof. We took the rack off and drilled a hole through the roof and routed the wires through that, into the headliner, where the ones that went into the switches went into the overhead console, and the others ran down the A-pillar and the under dash through the firewall, through 2 holes we drilled there to get into the engine bay, from there we just wired them up to the fuse box and mounted the relays inside. got it all together again and it worked!

Thanks a Ton!! I will probably end up copying your wiring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Soon. I've ordered a few parts for it and am waiting until wednesday for them to come in. Im debadging the sides for now, but I could change my mind and buy emblems for the door.
Im making my ironman a little different but it will be similar. By different I mean a few other off-road accessories that will complete a look.

how long until the burnt orange ironman paint job? :D

Back