New 3rd Gen Pic thread - now closed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 3rd Gen Pic thread - now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD04EB

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer
washed the Ex the other night for the first time in a looong time :)
IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

and a possible new addition to the explorer ;)
IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

The bumper it self came off of a jeep, but i think with some modification it can be made to fit. If not then I will probably make one myself with the major help from Nice59FordF100!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually looks like it will fit with little modification and will look really good since it's almost the same size.

So here's my input:

I have no idea why the third gen pics is/was closed but one of the reasons why it initially caught the moderators' attention was the heavy discussion that was going on in a "pics" thread.

So here's my input:

I have no idea why the third gen pics is/was closed but one of the reasons why it initially caught the moderators' attention was the heavy discussion that was going on in a "pics" thread.
Yeah, I figured that was why, not enough pics and too much talk in that thread

Actually looks like it will fit with little modification and will look really good since it's almost the same size.
Thanks Triton, I am going to hit up n.gardner to see if he can get me pics of how his is mounted exactly and i will need to add that to this one.
IMAG0154.jpg

Is that bumper steel? It also looks like it has a spot to mount a winch. Looks good! Post pics when you get it on.

So here's my input:

But they voiced their concern about it and almost instantly closed it, that didnt make sense to me.

Is that bumper steel? It also looks like it has a spot to mount a winch. Looks good! Post pics when you get it on.
Yeah skysthelymt, it has a winch mount place. it should look similar to nicks once mounted, at least the winch part, other parts of it will look different. and yeah its freakin heavy!
IMG_1000.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Looks like your factory foglights will fit perfectly in that bumper. that thing looks sweet!

Yeah skysthelymt, it has a winch mount place. it should look similar to nicks once mounted, at least the winch part, other parts of it will look different. and yeah its freakin heavy!
IMG_1000.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

You may have thought about this already but that bumper is going to block nearly all the airflow to your transmission cooler. That's what that opening in your existing bumper cover is for.

One thing you could do to fix this would be to mount the transmission cooler near the top of the channel between the AC condensor and radiator instead of at the bottom of the channel (where it is now).

IMG_1000.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

You may have thought about this already but that bumper is going to block nearly all the airflow to your transmission cooler. That's what that opening in your existing bumper cover is for.

One thing you could do to fix this would be to mount the transmission cooler near the top of the channel between the AC condensor and radiator instead of at the bottom of the channel (where it is now).

"Too much talk"? Thought this was a forum? That is what they are for right?
Stu

Yeah, when I start working on it I'm going to have to mount it somewhere else, I will probably do what you said above in between the channel.
Went out and got some measurements. Fog lights will fit almost exactly in if not.
Crappy paint job but showing the difference in lengths between the tips of the lights and the curves on the bumpers. going to have to extend the new bumper 10 inches out
bumperedit.jpg

bumper2.jpg

May have to chop off the highlighted area as well due to it not being long enough and it would get in the way of my corner lights

"Too much talk"? Thought this was a forum? That is what they are for right?
Stu
Ahhh but forums must have a structure. If we have a so called "3rd gen" pics thread and everyone discussed everything 3rd gen related in it (which is what was happening to the old one), well then it becomes very difficult for anyone to search/browse through the information contained in it for various reasons. You can "talk" about the topics you want to talk about, as long as you talk in the right channels.

Having said all of that, this "3rd gen pics" thread is all of the sudden becoming very much like the previous. Should we rename it to "MCD04EB's bumper thread" ?

Ahhh but forums must have a structure. If we have a so called "3rd gen" pics thread and everyone discussed everything 3rd gen related in it (which is what was happening to the old one), well then it becomes very difficult for anyone to search/browse through the information contained in it for various reasons. You can "talk" about the topics you want to talk about, as long as you talk in the right channels.

Having said all of that, this "3rd gen pics" thread is all of the sudden becoming very much like the previous. Should we rename it to "MCD04EB's bumper thread" ?

Yes lol.

Is it possible for moderators to make it were it will only allow you to post pics?

Let's try and keep this 3rd gen pic thread up, its a good one. just keep the pics comin guys

I thought that SOPA did not pass?!

Hey guys, Ill go ahead and change the title to MCD04EB's bumper build, but how do you change the title? Mods could you please change the title to "MCD04EBs bumper build"? Im sorry for the inconvenience and troubles!

Just a quick thing, put something like this into your registry and leave this a pics thread. :)

It will take a little while before this takes off, but lets keep the discussion down. The 3rd gen pics thread was the best pic thread on the forum; lets create this into another great picture thread.

The way it's going it will be closed again...

Here's my Ex.

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

Exhaust to come soon, when I get it installed I'll grab a sound clip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pmed Rick and hw reopened the original thread, so this is mcd's bumper buil thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back