Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

101_1318.jpg

101_1319.jpg

Looking good guys, keep it up:D

i think i seen in ur other posts that you have clear corners is this correct? also im looking to remove the running boards and cross bars for roof rack can you recomend any tips?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No clear corners for me:(

Taking the roof rack off is simple. There are six caps that need to be popped off(3 on each side) and remove the screws(12 total), DONE!!! It really is easy, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes taking your time. I put the screws back in and used black touch-up paint to blend them in better and seal them. Some people like to use silicone or something on the threads to help seal them better, but I haven't had any problems since I've had mine off.

LIMITED !!!!

when are you going to get the black headlight housings and corners !! ??

also paint the grille !! lol

your X would look sick with those to things done !!!!!

LIMITED !!!!

when are you going to get the black headlight housings and corners !! ??

also paint the grille !! lol

your X would look sick with those to things done !!!!!

Grill as been painted black for almost a year now;)
101_1413.jpg

Just put new tires on last week!!! Shocks are leaking so that mean new shocks and lowering springs:D Waiting on a fella to decide when he wants to give up his GF springs, otherwise I may bite the bullet and buy new ones. Rear end is a whiner and I'm looking into either a replacement or getting it rebuilt.

The main thing is paying this bad boy off so that I can really save for the bigger mods.(Think TF heads, CAI, etc:D)

Also kind of off topic, I am looking to buy a road bike because I am doing an event called RAGBRAI. I have done it twice and it's something else! Gotta get myself in shape because 500+ miles in a week with a pole up your ass isn't easy. But summers here, I'm working full-time again and looking forward to getting the Ex were it needs to be!

Edit- For those that were looking forward to a burnout vid that I promised, the Ex failed to deliver:( I do have one I made last year and it spun easy, but last week it didn't want to spin worth a crap. Watered the tires and it started to go, but a car showed up and I chickened out.

the X didnt deliver ????

was it because of the trans, or because you were a chicken lol ! ???

failed? Did the even turn? Line lock anyone?

the X didnt deliver ????

was it because of the trans, or because you were a chicken lol ! ???

failed? Did the even turn? Line lock anyone?

Just didn't want to spin:( I do have a vid from last year, but it was windy and you can't really see the smoke. Now I feel like a loser and need to try again!!! I just need some old stockers to light up;)

limited02- u got a v8 correct? you should be able to spin easily.

Sunday Fun

Before...
Truck2.jpg

After...
Truck3.jpg

Makes the 265's look small...

2003 XLT, look sweet! You gotta get some bigger sneakers. Looking forward to see some off-roading pics!!! :salute:

limited02- u got a v8 correct? you should be able to spin easily.

Yeah, but it was acting like a 4 cylinder:(

How are the lowering springs working for you? You have new shocks correct? Planning on doing the same setup soon so that I can post new pictures.

285/75/16

IM000961_edited-1.jpg

Finally got some tires. 285/75/16's on stock wheels. No rub at all

Man that looks awesome thats exactly what I want on my truck is yours lifted at all? Also how much did those run you in total? Im in the process of getting all new brakes and rotors , also going to remove running boards and possibly roof rack, add the bumper grill i order, put new high beams in and new corner lights and tiniting out the taillights i will post a picture after all is done this weekend.

Here is a updated pic of my EX I have the Roadbully spacers on and a inch and a half body lift.. Going to remove running boards put side steps on, and get 285s soon!!

Photo-0008.jpg

First Mod =)

2010-06-08123722.jpg

I normally don't like aftermarket tail lights on an Explorer, but damn those look good! What type are there & where did you get them? Nice Ex :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice tails. I believe you got exactly same one as mine. good choice :)

The LED lights in the tails really stands out in the night. I like my taillights better in the night time than day time.

I am not really fond of euro tails, but this one is on the par and like I said the LEDs are really nice so that is what made me stick with those tails.

Back