Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 217 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! I like the light bar you made. How is it attached?

I put it on the lip that runs between the front body mounts. I used some 1 1/2" flat stock to reinforce it.

Turn your volume up.. regular acceleration, windows up

th_VIDEO0006.jpg

Sorry, should have said something. Took the stock muffler off and welded pipes in its place after the 3rd cat. I was trying to get a video of sound for you guys but my phone isnt very good at picking up the audio.
I will try and get some better videos soon.
Sorry guys

Sorry, should have said something. Took the stock muffler off and welded pipes in its place after the 3rd cat, was trying to get a video of sound for you guys. but my phone isnt very good at picking up the audio
I will try and get some better videos soon
Sorry guys

Yea, no cell phone is ever going to be enough to pick it up or make it sound good.

I tried doing an exhaust clip with my gopro and that still couldn't hack it.

Oh, okay, thanks man. I will get my digital camera and get an outside shot.

Turn your volume up.. regular acceleration, windows up

th_VIDEO0006.jpg

I actually hear it pretty good and it seems like it's LOUD!!! Now get some WOT pulls.....:D

Towed beautifully

2012-08-13125337.jpg

2012-08-13125329.jpg

This thread makes me miss my 03 :(

that one was custom built at a fab shop in Maryland I think.

ohh, thanks. I googled places in Arkansas that would build one for me. Working on getting a quote for how much it would cost.

ohh, thanks. I googled places in Arkansas that would build one for me. Working on getting a quote for how much it would cost.
That bumper is awesome! Ive been looking with no luck... Anyone know of a fab shop that would do this is northern california? If not how hard would it really be to build as long as i have materials and a TIG?

That bumper is awesome! Ive been looking with no luck... Anyone know of a fab shop that would do this is northern california? If not how hard would it really be to build as long as i have materials and a TIG?

As long as you add a plasma cutter to that list of tools then it probably would be doable as a DIY project. It would take some time and careful measuring but I don't see it being insanely difficult.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as you add a plasma cutter to that list of tools then it probably would be doable as a DIY project. It would take some time and careful measuring but I don't see it being insanely difficult.

I wonder if there is one from another model that we can use. I wish they gave measurements with these so we could see. I think that would be easier for me, than trying to build my own.

Back