3rd row seat up and sub box pics please. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd row seat up and sub box pics please.

nevrsumr22

Reaction score
City, State
Bel Air, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4x4
Can anyone show me a pic of their subwoofer boxes with the 3rd row up? I took my stereo out of my old car and am ready to put it in but need some ideas of how to do the box. Thinking about doing 2 boxes so they can move around easy. I don't care about looks at all I just want to be able to use the 3rd seat and move the speakers out of the way when I need to.

Any ideas will be appreciated also. I did a search and saw info on the JL stealth box but can't find any others. If you know of any more please post up.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Give me a day or so i will get pics up my buddy and I custom built one. If u can find my e-mail address shoot me one. Scrapysnx420@aol.com

well i used to have pics of mine and maybe can look for them in some old pics but what we did on my old box was trace that removable floor part that sits on top of the jack with a piece of 3/4 in mdf board and then we built it up from there and vinyled it in...it sounded really good with two rockford 12's and because it had hand sewn stitched leather it also looked really good...i'll try to look for some pics but thats just what I did..

rjahr01 said:
well i used to have pics of mine and maybe can look for them in some old pics but what we did on my old box was trace that removable floor part that sits on top of the jack with a piece of 3/4 in mdf board and then we built it up from there and vinyled it in...it sounded really good with two rockford 12's and because it had hand sewn stitched leather it also looked really good...i'll try to look for some pics but thats just what I did..

Please do. That sounds like just what I need. I have 2 Rockfords also. I'll probably just have someone build it I just want ideas from owners. I've built boxes before and they always look like ****. :D

Back