4.0 sohc injector hats and filters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 sohc injector hats and filters

tgreene92

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT x2
Im trying to find a fuel injector rebuild kit, or just the hats and filters for a 98 sohc. does anybody know where i can find either? I can get the o-rings at any parts store. a few of the injectors were clogged so i pulled the filters out and they were gunked up bad. Im trying to avoid having to buy new injectors. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump, really need to find these things as i dont have the cash to buy new injectors and because i just got a warning that i need to have the truck moved, registered, and inspected in 3 days.

yea thats a good deal, they look slightly different however, the hats on the bottom seem to be a little bigger, im not sure if theres any difference between the injectors they used on 98's and 99's. id still like to get just the filters, cuz there way cheaper, and after replacing those the hats and the orings there no different than the ones on ebay.

Does anybody know if there are any other injectors that will work in the 4.0 sohc, im seeing a ton on ebay that are different part numbers but still say they are compatible with the 4.0 sohc.

Back