• Register Today It's free!

4.0 SOHC Reman engines

Bart03ST

Reaction score
City, State
clayton NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac xlt 4x4
I have a 03 spor trac with 4.0 V6 engine . I bought it brand new and have almost 200k miles on it and it has developed a death rattle that I believe is coming from the rear timing chain. Considering the engine has to be removed to service this and the mileage on it I am considering a reman engine. Can anyone advise me on what vendor they have used and their opinion/experiences ? I've looked at ATK , powertrain products inc and powertrain company.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be interested in this also... I'm at 210K and when/if it pops I am not fixing the chain but will just install a long block. I wouldn't mind a used motor but hate taking chances with stuff that requires large labor outputs...

I'd be interested in this also... I'm at 210K and when/if it pops I am not fixing the chain but will just install a long block. I wouldn't mind a used motor but hate taking chances with stuff that requires large labor outputs...

I ended up buying a re-man from Ford . Was $2600 plus tax. 3 year unlimited mileage wtty. Comes as a long block with oil pan,valve covers, front cover, water pump and water neck with the sensors. Even come with oil ,filter and spark plugs. I picked it up yesterday.

Bart03st that's pretty good mileage on the 4.0. What was your service interval for oil changes.

Back