4 Inches | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4 Inches

on my 3in. body lift , i just cut the frame, put the bumpers where i needed them and welded them back up with some new suport pices..
i dont have pics yet, i just did it last night, and my canon digi broke....

you got your body lift done? does this mean you have the 33" super swamper SSRs ready to go on also? I wana see pics of this for sure!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my 3in. body lift , i just cut the frame, put the bumpers where i needed them and welded them back up with some new suport pices..
i dont have pics yet, i just did it last night, and my canon digi broke....

I can't wait to see the new truck. Did you decide to go with 32x11.5 or 33x10.5?

Ok, big red, here is the scoop. If you want to lift up to 2" (ie F-150 brackets, new springs, or spring spacers) you will need an alignment. If you lift over 2" you will need a lot more then an alignment (all the parts I listed above). If you get a body lift (only) it has nothing to do with the suspension, and you won't need an alignment.

Bust out a Climber or Haynes manual and look up radius arm, axle pivot bracket, ect. Or look it up on here. You need to know the workings of your suspension before you begin even thinking about working on it, or buying parts to have a shop install.

you got your body lift done? does this mean you have the 33" super swamper SSRs ready to go on also? I wana see pics of this for sure!

waaahahahahaha....:D ....its all in, she sits 3in. higher now. wate'n on new tranny and the 32x11.50 ssr's to come in here in a week or so. then my camera was sent back to canon to get fixed, so in a week or so ill have pics. :salute:

Here is a pick of my 91 sport with a 3" bl and 1" spacer under the coil. It has 33" m/ts on it. I trimmed the back of the front fender slightly and I have no rubbing issues. As far as camber adjustment goes, look at the top of the bushing and see if you have alot of adjustment left. If you do then you will be ok with a 2" lift. Here is what to look for. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/camberbushings.htm If you don't then you will need new camber bushings. Here is the pic that was taken right after the body lift install. I have since trimmed the fenders and installed the rear bumper.

2532591_11_full.jpg

Bust out a Climber or Haynes manual and look up radius arm, axle pivot bracket, ect. Or look it up on here. You need to know the workings of your suspension before you begin even thinking about working on it, or buying parts to have a shop install.

Well that is what I am hoping to do by asking as many questions as possible. I won't ever get to learn the suspension system parts without seeing it with my own eyes though. And then also just seeing doesn't help if I don't know what exactly the part does, or what would happen if I addjusted it in certain ways. I am busy trying to learn what these drop brackets and radius arms are but I am getting along. So basically if my radius arm is still kind of pointing down, then I can lift it possibly without problems. But if it's point up or its level then I need the camber adjusters. Now is a camber adjuster the same as a drop bracket? And someone said something about a $500 Superlift suspension kit that does the SOA in the rear. I can't find any first Gen. Superlift kits never mind for that price. Can someone give me a link or website please. Thanks for the advice to all.
-Big Red

ok i was the one talking about a 500 dollar lift....I was off and it is actually 667 for the 5.5inch lift with everything you need......
Link: Dead Link Removed

you can find them used for under 450....

here is a pic with 5.5inch superlift and 33s
30743clean.jpg

Back