• Register Today It's free!

4x4 problem

tweezlick

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
hey all. so ive been trying to see what my issue is. when i first started my 4x4high and 4x4low lights would blink 3 times every 2 minutes. i read to reset the electronic by disconnecting the battery and turn key on for 10 minutes. then the 4x4 worked for like a week. then the lights started blinking again. so then i took out my 4x4cm to get all numbers off of it then installed in back in. then i did another reset and now i have neither the 4x4high or 4x4low lights come on or blink. i talked to the dealer and he said they replace more 4x4cm then shift motors. my issue is if it was the motor then why did it work when i did the first reset. would make me believe it is the 4x4cm. am i right?

my 4x4cm part # is 2c54-7h473-bd
is there any universal part # that would work because i cant find an exact match. and i dont want to throw away $200 if this might not be my issue
for the one who said it was a ground problem on the shift motor do you know where that wire is located.

thanks for who all can help me

tweezlick, check the other thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270006

It is best not to post the same issue across multiple threads. You will get far better response if you post in one thread only. Now go check out the other thread. You are going to like what you see. ;)

Back