4x4 rotors cross fit Ranger to Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4x4 rotors cross fit Ranger to Explorer?

huntman58

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Advenger
Okay here is the deal I got a chance to buy a nice set of new rotors and pads. There for a 92-94 Ranger 4x4. I have a 93 Explorer and need rotors
bad as mine are warped:( (dang AZ rotors any way there junk!:mad:) . Will they fit as in direct bolt on? Both Rotors and pads that is. Also I do have ABS and the 3.73 gears just in case it's needed info.

If they will great as he needs some cash and I need to buy cheap so if it works were both going to be happy:D. Let me know ASAP if ya have the info. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should work as long as the Ranger has a Dana 35 axle. Gears don't matter, and neither should the ABS.

They offered two sizes on that year Ranger. A 11.25" Outer Diameter (axle code 84) and a 10.86 " diameter. The 11.25 are thicker too. I think the 11.25 Rotors are for rare Rangers.
The explorer has the 10.86 diameter Rotors only.
The Ranger Rotors do not have the ABS Inner Sensor. So the part numbers are different then the Explorer but they will probably fit.
The Pads are the same.

Thanks. I have check a few sights and there is a mix on them the normal ones that is as some come up same part number for Explorer and Ranger as 4x4 with abs and others do not for the same rotors . But if they do not have the ABS I will just disable the front system or dose any one knows if that’s okay or do I have to disable the whole system?

According to Hollander interchange, these will fit your '93:

With ABS:
BRONCO II 90 4x4, from 10/89 (1-25/32" bearing)
EXPLORER 91-92 4x4
MAZDA NAVAJO 91 (4x4)
MAZDA NAVAJO 92 4x4
RANGER 90 4x4, from 10/89 (1-25/32" bearing)
RANGER 91-92 4x4

Without ABS:
EXPLORER 93 4x4, w/o ABS
EXPLORER 94 4x4, exc. 4.10 ratio; w/o ABS

The difference between the rotors is the ABS sensor ring. I'm sure there are more, but this is what Hollander lists.

Thank you that is just what I was tryiing to conferm! now to see if he still has them after I break my piggy bank .
You guys are the Bomb!

Back