5.0 replacement injectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 replacement injectors

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
My 97 v8 needs new injectors I don't want to spend $40 + each and ford stopped producing the M-9593-C302 set.
What aftermarket stock 19lbhr once have any of you installed w good results? can be reman too I need to keep costs to a minimum but don't want it failing.
Completely stock engine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ebay for you!!!!
Seriously there are some good sellers on Ebay who refurbish stock Bosch injectors to be as good as new and then they match then in sets based on flow numbers
You can get 8 new injectors with O rings for well under $100

1997 ford explorer 5.0 injectors | eBay

I've looked on eBay and I see multiple places that offer fuel injector services. Prices vary considerably and customer reviews are scarce. I want to have my 200,000 mile OE fuel injectors re-manufactured/serviced for my 2001 SOHC Sport Trac. RockAuto uses/recommends the following re-manufactures. Does anyone have any experience with any of them?

Manufacturer
Rebuild Times Locations
Autoline 6-13 business days Minneapolis, MN

Cardone 3-5 business days (Electronics may take 7-10 business days due to high volume) Pennsylvania or Texas depending on part type

Crankshaft Supply 1-2 business days Minneapolis, MN

GB Reman 1-5 business days (diesel fuel injector pumps 2-4 weeks due to high volume) Long Beach, CA

Lares 3-5 business days Cambridge, MN
Prior 12-15 business days Dallas, TX

Why not clean and rebuild them yourself

Why not clean and rebuild them yourself

I've watched videos on DYI FI cleaning and i could clean them myself, out it's a bit involved and I have one FI that I suspect may be having a problem, If I can send mine out to have someone reputable test and clean them plus replace the O-rings for a $100 or less that would be good value IMO.

I've watched videos on DYI FI cleaning and i could clean them myself, out it's a bit involved and I have one FI that I suspect may be having a problem, If I can send mine out to have someone reputable test and clean them plus replace the O-rings for a $100 or less that would be good value IMO.
$100 for new well like new Bosch ford injectors is a good deal

Now me I'm young and eager so I went to the local jy and got me a whole set for $20 and cleaned and installed the rebuild kit kit was cheep to . Anyway I tested them and installed them when I did the supercharger project

It is a pain in the butt to do

I bought a rebuilt set about 6-8 years ago through eBay, for just under $90. It was one of those companies doing a lot of them, flow matched and rebuilt. Those are a good choice for a stock engine and just wanting to be sure they are all working right.

I bought a rebuilt set about 6-8 years ago through eBay, for just under $90. It was one of those companies doing a lot of them, flow matched and rebuilt. Those are a good choice for a stock engine and just wanting to be sure they are all working right.

I'd watch a YouTube video where a guy make a hose thing that he used to connect a series of shrink wrap sizes and fuel hose to adapt the straw from a can of CRC carb cleaner to a fuel injector, then he bought a device that simulated the PCM signal to fire the injector multiple times quickly so that he could visualize the spray pattern and volume. It worked pretty well but he must have had a 1/2 dozen or more pieces of shrink wrap and fuel line in his homemade adapter and IDK what he paid for the electrical device but I'm sure it had to be at least around $20-$30. Seemed like a lot of trouble and I figure my time has a value, so if I can end up with a matched set of rebuilt, tested injectors for around $100 it's a good deal.

Sorry OP, I did not mean to hijack this thread.

Ebay for you!!!!
Seriously there are some good sellers on Ebay who refurbish stock Bosch injectors to be as good as new and then they match then in sets based on flow numbers
You can get 8 new injectors with O rings for well under $100

1997 ford explorer 5.0 injectors | eBay

Mine sound like rock tossed around in a tin can when running. So who are the good seller of refurb ones on ebay??

There are three good options in this thread on what to do about replacing your injectors!

I buy refurbished sets and I also bench test/clean my own injectors
I have a simple process to bench test them it is not a pita at all
I made a simple adapter, it is an old rubber tire valve stem, these fit directly over the fuel injector input. To that I JB welded a red stray from a can of carb cleaner.
Then I have a wiring pigtail from the junk yard for both styles of injector plug in I deal with hooked to my battery jumper box.
Simply hook up the can of carb cleaner to the injector and start to spray, then turn the jumper box on and off several times. The injector will click and spray carb cleaner through it. You can watch the spray pattern and make sure all is well. This is a down and dirty DIY injector tester that has proven to work quite well! I have "free'd" two otherwise plugged up injectors this way enough to put them back into service.
I learned this whole dealio on Youtube, I cannot take credit. But I do use it quite often since JB welding that little adapter together......

Here's the video where I went to school and ran with it:

Yep I used a 9v battery

It's under $20 for a rebuild kit for 8 injectors. Youtube has videos on the rebuild process and how to build a bench tester for very little $$ after the rebuild to check flow rate, etc.

I think mine are beyond re Oring and filter. Comparing the sound to another EX 5.0 the solenoids sound like they are making way to much noise.

Back