5.0 Throttle Body

rcracer

Reaction score
City, State
Redmond, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 5.0 AWD
The dealer says my TB needs to be replaced because
mine is sticking. My question is: Does anybody make a larger TB for the X's? If not will the ones for the 94-95 mustang fit the X?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and then.....

it doesn't specifically say the 5.0 explorer on that page. will the mustang one fit? I am very interested in this too, I think my throttle return spring is going bad and I want a new tb.... anyone know?

no one makes an aftermarket throttle body for the 5.0 explorer in any year. a 88-93 'stang throttle body can work with some adaptation. the 94-95 will not work. understand this, the stock X throttle body is a 65mm. there is no need to go bigger unless you have ALOT of mods. also, without a bigger MAS it will do nothing.

if you still want one, talk to Troll or blkmk8 at www.speadfreak.cc they know how to make the 88-93 stang throttle body work.

is it sticking because of carbon build-up??? mine was just when first cracking it open. cleaned it up and now its smooth as butta but is it only 65mm?? I have a t.b from a 89 stang gt and my ex's t.b. dwarfs it!

Back