5 1/4 Factory replacement suggestions? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5 1/4 Factory replacement suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the grey interior. Dont be fooled by the image, the red i a lot darker than it looks. I like them anyway and the logo wasnt hard to put on either :D

The rear one's are easy. (though I asked on here to get the answer). All you do is push down on the top then pull back. Once that is out, pull up to get them totally out.

Not as easy, you have to remove the door panel. But, if you are putting in new speakers you'll have to anyway. It may take some work, just dont crack the plastic. I actually haven't done the front ones yet so I would know how to remove them yet. I usually find out as I'm doing it. Any help from someone who knows? I would just take off the door panel and look around at it. If it doesnt come right off, it might be glued in. I'll actually take a look soon when I do them, so I can tell you after X-mas.

All I did for the logo was scan it into my computer. Print it out onto paper. Carefully cut out the logo, then used temp adhesive to hold it on good while I sprayed it.

I know, I'm sorry but it should be back up in a few days. I put it on my friends server because it could handle the traffic. I'll try to find another place to put it till then though.

Back