• Register Today It's free!

5.5" superlift questions

Hermz

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Everyone that I've seen with a suspension lift on an explorer has pretty much gone with the 5.5 superlift.
I can't find any 5.5 inch lifts, is it really the 6" but it just comes down a half an inch? And I know I'm gonna need new brakelines and probably a steering stabilizer but with this lift do I need a new drive shaft? And do I need new shocks or are the ones that come with it fine?

Please reply need to buy by tommorow. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if Superlift is making the 5.5" lift any more. I know Skyjacker was making a 6" lift. Either way you will be pleased. You "should" be ok with your current drive shaft. I didn't have any problems with mine when I was at 5.5" (now closer to 7"- 8"). I believe you will want to get some new shocks. I would go with Rancho's. Also where do you plan to have the lift installed or are you doing it yourself. If your taking it to a shop they should know the answers. If they don't I wouldn't do the install there. Hope this helps.

Thanks. My friend is going to install it with me, he's done it many times before. I guess I'm going with the 6" with rancho's, it's not that easy to flip right :p ?

No it's not easy to roll it, but you will have to change your driving habits. What size tire you going with?

33x12.5 and 15x8

Cool they should fit with the 6" lift without trimming. I love my Xterrians!!! Much better than BFGs.

Most superlift kits come with superlift shocks, some people like them some dont. Order your wheels with 3 3/4" backspacing. Make sure that you get the drop pittman arm. Do a search on the site and you will find a lot of tips on installing the kit.

Back