5R55E questions and this seems to be the place | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E questions and this seems to be the place

I looked around but pickings seems to be sparse. I will try to find the one part version, but if not then I should be able to make due with the two part version. Our auto parts stores in Saskatchewan are pretty sparse with there offerings

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah there is an acklands grainger...check there?

I looked it up and they have that part...for 15 bucks. I can get it in the two part version at Princess Auto for cheaper. I will probably end up doing that. Teflon tape the threads before use right? And any high temp hose should work right? (3/8 of course)

Yeah that would be amazing. Amazon.com does not ship to Canada tho without costing us alot more. You Americans don't understand the hassle :D I'll get the fittings at princess auto and then tranmission hose. I should be able to figure it out I think/hope

Or why not just install an in-line filter? Just cut the rubber line, put two clamps on each side, and pop it in.

One final question. How do you tell which line is in and which is out? The one the goes to the radiator top would be where the fluid starts and then the line that comes out of the bottom of the radiator would be the return line correct?

Correct.

Back