5R55E rebuilt, still no reverse | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E rebuilt, still no reverse

Yeah, I've read their stuff. One of the things that helped me the most in pulling out the valves was heating up the VB with a hairdryer. Sounds dorky, but it really helped!
Do you happen to have an illustration of the VB with the different bores identified by number? I know I saw one somewhere in my researches, but cannot find it now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glacier991 has these pictures in the photo gallery. They come up when you search for 5R55.
152865r55.jpg

5r55VB.jpg

5r55partslist.jpg

5r55partslist2.jpg

15286DSCN6227.jpg

Yep - I have all of these, but am looking for an illustration that will show what bore #203 is, and #204, #205, etc. I KNOW I saw one of these somewhere! Thought it was the Sonnax site, but those are numbered with Sonnax references.

Possible cause found. Bracket which holds 4 shift solenoids also hooks around the knob on the plug for 2-3 shift bore. Bracket was not hooked, causing valve to sit too far into the bore. I have excellent pics from the web site where I found the info, but don't know how to post.

Let's try this out and see if it fixes your problem. I can use a VB here and take pics to show the condition in detail if warranted. This was great detective work by Aut1jlt and if this was his problem I will incorporate this into the Diary and credit him with finding the fix, which was posted on a website at the following location:

Dead Link Removed

I was unfamiliar with TransmissionDigest.com but it is a wonderful resource. Those pics are worth 1000 words.... but copyrighted.

My hat is off to you Aut1jlt! Hope this was it.

Back