5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Lots of cool aftermarket items coming out for the 5th gens now it appears. Looking good guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

358393.jpg

My "new to me" 2012 Ford Explorer XLT as I received it.

The only visible additions since the factory are the bug deflector, wind deflectors, and the OEM splash guards.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Looks good.

Peter

IMG_1113.jpg

One well used '14 Sport!

Thanks! Powerstop Z36 kit. Recommended without reservation.

IMG_1128.jpg

Love the wheels! :thumbsup:

Peter

Hey all! First time posting here. I grabbed a 2019 Sport last July and have been tinkering with it ever since. I threw together a little Imgur gallery detailing the mods I have done so far. Shout out to @jonnoriega and his YouTube channel, which served as my initial inspiration. Let me know what y'all think!!

Hey all! First time posting here. I grabbed a 2019 Sport last July and have been tinkering with it ever since. I threw together a little Imgur gallery detailing the mods I have done so far. Shout out to @jonnoriega and his YouTube channel, which served as my initial inspiration. Let me know what y'all think!!

That is slick! Like a black Cadillac!

Looks clean!!! love it!

I noticed on your IMGUR page, you listed you have a tune for e85...I'm a bit surprised without extensive fuel system mods being able to use it, have you used some e85 yet? Have you done fuel mods?

Keep it up, looks awesome!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
That is one shiny black Explorer. Just a word of caution about pictures posted using 3rd party sites. They have a habit of disappearing after a while since they are not saved to the Forum's servers.

Peter

Looks clean!!! love it!

I noticed on your IMGUR page, you listed you have a tune for e85...I'm a bit surprised without extensive fuel system mods being able to use it, have you used some e85 yet? Have you done fuel mods?

Keep it up, looks awesome!

I have a new high pressure fuel pump and gapped spark plugs along with a thermostat, air flow sensor, and cold air intake kit that allow me to run an e85 tune amongst others! I mostly keep the 93 octane performance tune on there, though.

I have a new high pressure fuel pump and gapped spark plugs along with a thermostat, air flow sensor, and cold air intake kit that allow me to run an e85 tune amongst others! I mostly keep the 93 octane performance tune on there, though.

Yeah, that HPFP is still not enough to push full E85...you've got the LMS one, right? Their standard or "severe" one? Yeah, either is still not enough. You might be able to "run" e85, but tons of fuel is getting pulled when you're WOT, basically negating any performance potential you are after...that HPFP by itself can't keep up with the demands of e85. How are you monitoring what ethanol content you've running? Are you filling at the pump or getting dedicated race ethanol?

If you truly wanted to take advantage of e85, which has enormous octane potential, you need to get more fuel into that engine (injectors and low pressure fuel pump). If it's very high performance you are looking for, you'd be better to have LMS give you a 100 octane tune until then. Back before I dumped @Livernois, I had them give me a 100 octane tune for when I really wanted "the powah" LOL. Luckily for me, we have a place that has it at the pump...makes it easy.

BTW, that MAP sensor is only there in order to get your PCM to 3Bar metering capability and the CAI doesn't do anything at all (I've got one too, but in all honestly, they are just for looks)

Here's an awesome resource that may help:

Yeah, that HPFP is still not enough to push full E85...you've got the LMS one, right? Their standard or "severe" one? Yeah, either is still not enough. You might be able to "run" e85, but tons of fuel is getting pulled when you're WOT, basically negating any performance potential you are after...that HPFP by itself can't keep up with the demands of e85. How are you monitoring what ethanol content you've running? Are you filling at the pump or getting dedicated race ethanol?

If you truly wanted to take advantage of e85, which has enormous octane potential, you need to get more fuel into that engine (injectors and low pressure fuel pump). If it's very high performance you are looking for, you'd be better to have LMS give you a 100 octane tune until then. Back before I dumped @Livernois, I had them give me a 100 octane tune for when I really wanted "the powah" LOL. Luckily for me, we have a place that has it at the pump...makes it easy.

BTW, that MAP sensor is only there in order to get your PCM to 3Bar metering capability and the CAI doesn't do anything at all (I've got one too, but in all honestly, they are just for looks)

Here's an awesome resource that may help:

This is super helpful. I should have said a 33% E85 mix, which I believe is referred to as E30? You're clearly farrrrrrr more knowledgable than I am in this category, so thank you very much for breaking it down for me! I am opening and reading that link now.

This is super helpful. I should have said a 33% E85 mix, which I believe is referred to as E30? You're clearly farrrrrrr more knowledgable than I am in this category, so thank you very much for breaking it down for me! I am opening and reading that link now.

Ah, that makes much more sense. Yes you have essentially an e30 tune, which is still awesome.

You should get an ethanol content meter, Innovate Motorsports makes one and uses a standard GM sensor that works perfect with our vehicles. Its good to know what content you have because even though the pump says e85, legally, its allowed to be as low as e51...it's often closer to higher 70s though. It all depends on where you get your fuel from. Getting dedicated race e85 ensures your mixing with actual e85, but it isn't necessary. LMS tunes are very weak and have tons of buffer in them, so i'm sure they gave you some wiggle room in case you pump low grade ethanol on accident.

I just dont like mixing, it can get tedious, lol...one reason I just want to go to straight e85 haha.

Looking good. What are the Offsets of the wheels?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah, that makes much more sense. Yes you have essentially an e30 tune, which is still awesome.

You should get an ethanol content meter, Innovate Motorsports makes one and uses a standard GM sensor that works perfect with our vehicles. Its good to know what content you have because even though the pump says e85, legally, its allowed to be as low as e51...it's often closer to higher 70s though. It all depends on where you get your fuel from. Getting dedicated race e85 ensures your mixing with actual e85, but it isn't necessary. LMS tunes are very weak and have tons of buffer in them, so i'm sure they gave you some wiggle room in case you pump low grade ethanol on accident.

I just dont like mixing, it can get tedious, lol...one reason I just want to go to straight e85 haha.
Once again, thank you so much!! I will look into a content meter as my next purchase. Kind of surprised LMS doesn't offer one, tbh...

Back