6 CD Changer Occasionally Hangs Up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 CD Changer Occasionally Hangs Up

Blues

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer, 4X4, V8
I have a 2002 EB edition with low mileage. So far, so good, have really enjoyed it and trips up to the Smokies of NC and the FL panhandle etc.

I have an intermittent problem where some cd's won't eject properly after listening. They hang up right before the opening (so they can't be reached) and have to be removed with the use of a credit card (by pushing them back in or applying a bit of leverage to help them exit).

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem short of replacing the unit? (I'm pretty certain my dealer will replace the unit if I ask him to, but I am trying to avoid the hassle of having to have the dash taken apart etc)

Thanks in advance.

Anybody?

honestly, your Explorer is under warranty, so I'd just take advantage of that and get it replaced. You don't want it to give you problems later on down the road either. And if they mess anything up while taking your dash apart, make them fix it!

YES!!! Take it in for warranty. The little door that opens up to spit out or to insert CD's on mine would stick every once in awhile, and then nothing would happen...I took it in, and they replaced it with a new unit.

Back