6 door Ford truck.... ever see one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 door Ford truck.... ever see one?

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
I found a late 80's probably early 90's Ford truck with 6 full size doors. Ive never seen such a thing before. Did ford ever make that or is this a damn good body work job? I know in lacking on pics lately but ive been away for almost a week, if this is a fab job I will gets pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like this but alot older.

Attachments

• White6DoorSmall.jpg
    White6DoorSmall.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,897

Are these from the factory?

This one wasn't. There was an obvious frame extension welded in there. Also, look at the ghetto nerf bars - they're for a crew cab, and don't go all the way back like they should.

V8BoatBuilder said:
13422IM001365.jpg

I took this photo in Vermont.

I could use that for a work truck! :cool: Hmmm...

There was a show on the history channel about pickup trucks not too long ago. One of their features was a company that adds such pieces to stock trucks. A guy had 6 doors on his Superduty for his 7? children and wife. I wish I could find a link...

So, it looked like this?

Attachments

• Ryans-ps-6-doorb.jpg
    Ryans-ps-6-doorb.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 29,387

There used to be a few of those around town here once in a while. Except they would be Crew-Cab's with a Super-Cab attached. Pretty dang long...

Thats a lotta work (and $) for a couple extra doors. There are cowboy Caddillacs, those must be cowboy limosines.

There is a dude around here with a 4 door late 80's Bronco. He only drives it in winter. The 1st time I saw it, my doubletake almost snapped my neck! First I thought it was the bed of a Bronco tacked onto a 4 door F150 shortbed. But the body work is so good it looks factory. I cant imagine someone doing all that bodywork and then only driving it in winter!

I would love to do that to one of my explorers :)

Carnkcase's picture looks like something that was made for a utility company (based on that groovy green color).

Looks like a Redneck Limo to me!

rpenner54 said:
There used to be a few of those around town here once in a while. Except they would be Crew-Cab's with a Super-Cab attached. Pretty dang long...

I've seen a few Crew+Super Cabs around here.

Tab Benoit, who's a kick-ass guitar player and singer (if you're into blues with a bit of Cajun mixed in :D ), uses a six-door truck as a tour vehicle. He used to have a Dodge (go to this page and scroll down to see it). About a year ago he switched over to a GMC. Maybe next time he'll come to his senses and get a Ford.

LOL...I photoshopped mine....I just wanted to confirm thats what it looked like....

Back