• Register Today It's free!

60/40 bench won't fold down

maru_mari

Reaction score
City, State
sf, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I have a '95 XLT and the 60% side of the rear bench doesn't fold down. It can move about 2-3 inches forward when I press the release button, but that's about it. The seat belt latch also doesn't work on this side, but I don't think that issue is related. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thx,
m_m

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine sometimes gets stuck, I just have to move it back and forth while the lever is down to get it free.

Yeah, no matter how hard I push it seeems to not want to go down. I think it has to do with the cable release under the seat, but I don't know what to look for, or how to even get into that area.

m_m

Ever get this resolved? Mine is in the same pickle. I found the end of the cable toward the middle end of the seat under the plastic cover and pulled on it with a hook but no release.

Had the same problem with mine. There is a hinged panel on the backside of the seat that folds down with the seat. It covers the gap created by the seat folding down. Some of your jack tools are under there too.

I had 2 quarts of oil and a softball and about a half a can of trash in there that kept my seat from folding down.

Back