66MM BBK throttle body | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

66MM BBK throttle body

Yea im interested too,they go for around $230+ shipping so if you got the bbk 66mm NEW for $186 shipped is a hell of a deal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ranger,

I was able to order it thru auto anything:

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/73A4289A0A0.aspx

I have never ordered from them before, they had an offer for free shipping and 20percent off I believe. I am still looking for the offer, I think it may have expired though.

Found it, it expires today. It is 15% off and free shipping:

Subtotal $218.95
Shipping $0.00
Discount $32.84
Tax $0.00
Grand Total $186.11

Note: it is for first time customers, enter code: WELCOME15

Hope it works for you guys!!!

BBK is offering 10% off their prices as well til the end of the Month when ordering directly thru them.

Here is BBK's direct offer in case you miss auto anything's today:

Dear Fellow Performance Enthusiasts,

Don't miss out on saving up to 15% off your purchase of any BBK products with the following special discount codes. This offer will expire after 3-31-12 so mark your calendars and take advantage of these great discounts on the number one performance brand.

Use Coupon Code In Checkout Cart – Spring1 For 10% Off all orders up to $199.00

I had emailed them and they said possible gains of 10-12hp. I would be very happy with that. Is it realistic, I hope so. 10hp isnt much but when you consider the stock 160hp it sounds ALOT better.

jd, thanks, going to check out Aldive's thread on underdrive pulley. I think he had pics and part numbers. Also sent a PM to rocket. He said a custom tune by James would help (1995 is obd-I) and regearing. Dont have the money right now to re-gear but it is a possibility down the road. Running 33's with stock 3.73 LS. Not the best combo...

ranger,

I was able to order it thru auto anything:

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/73A4289A0A0.aspx

I have never ordered from them before, they had an offer for free shipping and 20percent off I believe. I am still looking for the offer, I think it may have expired though. BBK is offering 10% off their prices as well when ordering directly thru them.

Here is BBK's direct offer:

Dear Fellow Performance Enthusiasts,

Don't miss out on saving up to 15% off your purchase of any BBK products with the following special discount codes. This offer will expire after 3-31-12 so mark your calendars and take advantage of these great discounts on the number one performance brand.

Use Coupon Code In Checkout Cart – Spring1 For 10% Off all orders up to $199.00

I had emailed them and they said possible gains of 10-12hp. I would be very happy with that. Is it realistic, I hope so. 10hp isnt much but when you consider the stock 160hp it sounds ALOT better.

jd, thanks, going to check out Aldive's thread on underdrive pulley. I think he had pics and part numbers. Also sent a PM to rocket. He said a custom tune by James would help (1995 is obd-I) also and regearing. Dont have the money right now to re-gear but it is a possibility down the road. Running 33's with stock 3.73 LS. Not the best combo...

Dont hold your breath on that hp numbers!!haha your gain power but probably less than 3-5.i have about 30 bolt ons that say they give you 15-20 and im probably around 200hp,

Yep, just like K&N intake, catback, etc etc-they all claim pretty decent numbers, realistic numbers, diff story. 5hp would make me happy though. I will not be spending any cash to dyno this engine as is though. Butt Dyno results I can feel hopefully. Least I can add it to my sig line..... Heh Heh

** updated with current offer for autoanything above **

Alright, update, installed yesterday. A little hokey with the black tubing instead of building it like OEM but pretty straightforward. Fits very well with the homemade intake tube I have. I was surprised how "gunky" the inside of the OEM throttle body and composite intake were. Spent some time cleaning the composite intake.

Performance? Seems to have more get up, especially off the line. I swear if the roads were alot hotter and I had some kind of detergent under my tires, I could have smoked them...... In all seriousness, feels like some added power, nothing incredible but I will take what I can get. With intake, exhaust, BBK, I am thinking the 160 stock HP has skyrocketed to 165... Maybe even more...

I think it may be time for a Henson tune, pending funds.

Thanks guys for the info, BBK TB was a mod I am happy I did. Their customer service rep. resonded to all my emails as well. And Made in USA!

Alright, update, installed yesterday. A little hokey with the black tubing instead of building it like OEM but pretty straightforward. Fits very well with the homemade intake tube I have. I was surprised how "gunky" the inside of the OEM throttle body and composite intake were. Spent some time cleaning the composite intake.

Performance? Seems to have more get up, especially off the line. I swear if the roads were alot hotter and I had some kind of detergent under my tires, I could have smoked them...... In all seriousness, feels like some added power, nothing incredible but I will take what I can get. With intake, exhaust, BBK, I am thinking the 160 stock HP has skyrocketed to 165... Maybe even more...

I think it may be time for a Henson tune, pending funds.

Thanks guys for the info, BBK TB was a mod I am happy I did. Their customer service rep. resonded to all my emails as well. And Made in USA!

STARS AND STRIPS!!:salute: glad your happy with it;)

Glad you are happy!

The current forum discount code is always located in my siggy ;)

Back