• Register Today It's free!

6inch lift

PapaFresh

Reaction score
City, State
Goodlettsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Hello, does anyone know where I could get a 6-8inch lift for a 2006 explorer? I've been looking everywhere but cant seem to find anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, does anyone know where I could get a 6-8inch lift for a 2006 explorer? I've been looking everywhere but cant seem to find anything.

The reason you can't find one is because there isn't one. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

As stated, there are no lift kits made for your explorer. On my 3rd Generation I used strut spacers for 2” of lift, a 3” body lift made for the Ranger (see link in my signature) and went to 265/75/16 (32” x 10.50”) tires for about 6 inches of total lift.

Your CV joints and ball joints are the deciding factor in how much strut lift you can use, as well as the fact that your rear axles pass through the frame.

Here are a couple of pics, second one shows the truck compared to a stock X.

4BEE4E82-ACF7-4D48-BE94-1554DF5E3814.jpeg

AB205072-9340-482D-8718-838F3C2F9EFA.jpeg

The reason you can't find one is because there isn't one. ;)
I figured that out lol
Welcome to the forum.

As stated, there are no lift kits made for your explorer. On my 3rd Generation I used strut spacers for 2” of lift, a 3” body lift made for the Ranger (see link in my signature) and went to 265/75/16 (32” x 10.50”) tires for about 6 inches of total lift.

Your CV joints and ball joints are the deciding factor in how much strut lift you can use, as well as the fact that your rear axles pass through the frame.

View attachment 179279
View attachment 179280
So does any ranger body lift work for an explorer?

Read through the Body Lift thread, I know it’s long but there is a lot of good info.

For my 2002 (3rd Gen) I used the Performance Accessory PA883 body lift.

Welcome to the forum.

View attachment 179279
View attachment 179280
is your front bumper different than the sport trac front bumper? i cracked mine and yours looks dope.

is your front bumper different than the sport trac front bumper? i cracked mine and yours looks dope.
I believe they are different, and the vehicle mounts could not be compatible.

When someone puts ‘front bumper’ and ‘cracked’ in the same sentence it’s usually in reference to the plastic bumper cover, unless they cracked a bull bar somehow .........

Perhaps the poster will clarify.
it was the bumper cover. someone t boned me and insurance shafted me. i drilled the crack to prevent splitting and replaced inner fender liner.
found replacement front bumper covers online onnline for $160 but none off a wrecked black X or Sport trac.
i dont feel like dropping $160 on a bumper that would then need paint when when my passenger manifolds studs are cracked and i have 160K on all OEM engine components. timing chains and tensioners is a smarted investment for me or a an engine swap but at that point im just going to save up and get a frontier CPO.
knock on wood the only issues i have ever had on my sportrac V8 - bad drive shafter carrier bearing. new plugs and coils. an occasional misfires in the rain from the hood cowl issue.

When someone puts ‘front bumper’ and ‘cracked’ in the same sentence it’s usually in reference to the plastic bumper cover, unless they cracked a bull bar somehow .........

Perhaps the poster will clarify.
I thought he assumed they were all one assembly

Back