6th Gen 2020+ Photo Contest | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen 2020+ Photo Contest

Is that front plate from Mil Spec? I've got one from them I had on my 18. But my 21 doesn't have a front plate bracket and I'm not drilling holes for it.
Hear, hear! So glad Florida doesn't require front plates. Also like the ability to personalize the front end. :cool:

Explorer&Mustang1.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually Ohio did away with the front plate last year, but a lot of drivers either don't know or don't care as I see a lot of cars still running the front plate. But some like my wife have something custom just to fill in the plate bracket. I used to have a mil-spec custom American flag plate on the front of my 18

final installed.jpg

Post photos of your stock or modified 2020+ Explorer. I will setup a 1 year Elite Explorer membership, or extension for the person whose photo earned the most "Likes". Contest will run until September 15, 2021.
How do I tell if my 2020 Platinum is a 6th Gen or not??

2020 is 6th Gen. A VIN translator may be a good bet, but it won't tell you what generation the car is.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
2011 - 2019 + 5th generation
2020 + = 6th generation

Peter

2021 PIU 3.0EB, Carbonized Gray, Interior Upgrade, Alloys, Reverse Sensing.

Home1.jpg

Long time lurker, just joined because this is a great thread. I thought I'd make my first post my Explorer in its natural habitat.

2020 Explorer Limited 4WD 2.3L finished in Blue Metallic and Sandstone leather interior.

Photo is from our first summer with the Explorer in the beautiful Big Bear Lake area on the Holcomb Valley trail in Southern California.

20200624_140749.jpg

Is that front plate from Mil Spec? I've got one from them I had on my 18. But my 21 doesn't have a front plate bracket and I'm not drilling holes for it.
I got it off Ebay or Amazon. Sorry don't remember

We have a tie for first place. KMB505, Ernie Dirtbikerman, and
Madd_Dogg_Explorer have all won a 1 year Elite Explorer membership:chug:

Thanks to everyone for your submissions!

Shux. Guess I shoulda done some politickin'. "An Explorer in every garage and a chicken in every pot."

20211211_195354.jpg

Back