6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

So 15 months of ownership and 24,000 miles, had the Explorer detailed again and another coat of ceramic.

View attachment 324758View attachment 324759

Then just added another Ford Performance vehicle to my garage. 90% done in XPEL with paint correction and 3 coats of ceramic.

View attachment 324760View attachment 324761View attachment 324762

Wish the ST sounded like this..

Awesome. The ceramic coating to the Explorer, do you put ceramic coating to the plastic trims also that is outside the vehicle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome. The ceramic coating to the Explorer, do you put ceramic coating to the plastic trims also that is outside the vehicle?

The guy I use does 100% of the exterior including glass.

So what exactly does the "Ceramic" coat do?

Think of a wax but essentially permanent. Protects the paint from staining, dirt, grime etc. Also brings out the depth in paint, makes paint really pop.

3 coats will last the lifetime of the vehicle with proper care unlike a wax that lasts a couple months.

Pumpkin_Midnight.jpg
20_ExplorerST.jpg

I'm back! Had a 2005 Explorer 4x4 4.6 for about 150k miles from 2007-2017, traded it back in 2017 to get the wife's minivan, now traded that minivan in on a 2020 Explorer ST...she's done being in a minivan (and I drive her car as much as she does so a nice uptick for me as well)

20201213_134615.jpg

Welcome to the 6th gen Forum. :wave:

Peter

I'm back! Had a 2005 Explorer 4x4 4.6 for about 150k miles from 2007-2017, traded it back in 2017 to get the wife's minivan, now traded that minivan in on a 2020 Explorer ST...she's done being in a minivan (and I drive her car as much as she does so a nice uptick for me as well)

View attachment 325489

Congratulations, enjoy the ride.

Since our 2020 Explorer ST was a buyback, we found a replacement. 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label GT. So far, we are enjoying it.

Avi1.JPG
Avi4.JPG
Avi8.JPG
Avi9.JPG
Avi12.JPG
Avi13.JPG
Avi17.JPG
Avi18.JPG
Avi24.JPG
Avi21.JPG

I really like the Aviator. It's shame that regular Ford dealers won't sell them :(
My dealer sells both. It's a Ford/Lincoln dealership.

Peter

My dealer sells both. It's a Ford/Lincoln dealership.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer has 2 building right next to each other, one for Ford and one for Lincoln. The finance section is the same in just one building (Ford) so all the paperwork happens in the Ford building.

Back