8" Skyjacker Lift!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8" Skyjacker Lift!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Anderson, SC!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Sport and '92 XLT
Im looking to buy a 8" Ranger lift from Skyjacker for my 91 sport and need opinions. If you think it will work or whatever you comments are, they will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will work, it's been done, and it'd be really nice if you plan on keeping the TTB and want big tires and a big lift.

midgetwith9arms said:
ttb? does skyjacker do the SOA?

Since that kit is for the ranger, and the rangers comes already SOA, youll have to get your own SOA brackets, that kit prolly comes with either new lift springs(prolly cost more) or AALs and Blocks to lift the rear of a ranger.

TTB: Twin Traction Beam, the front end you have under your Explorer

i just bought some brand new 8" skyjacker coils for cheap, from a ranger kit, im just needed the brackets for TTB on my explorer

But here is a pic i found you might like

SK_8Ranger87.jpg

87 4WD Ranger with 8" Skyjacker suspension lift, Performance Accessories 3" body lift, 36x12.50x15 Super Swamper TSL tires, 15x10 wheels. David Veal, Dublin, GA

Yeah thats awesome! I hope to work everything out, are there anymore comps that make that size lift for the ranger/explorer with the soa?

Back