86 Ranger fuel pump problems | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

86 Ranger fuel pump problems

that tells you, again, that when you turn the key to on the computer is switching power to all the sensors and relays, etc, if you are not getting this power at your relay then the problem is in the wiring

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which relays? I am getting power to the fp relay and the eec relay, I haven't checked the others yet

there should only be one more under the hood right? Its the AC WOT relay

when you say you are getting power do you mean with the key on or the key off?

key on. Actually, I think the WOT relay is inside the eec, because my diagram shows red wires going to the WOT, but their is not one, just goes straight to the eec....TPS maybe

Problem fixed....nothing to do with the fuel pumps at all

well?????
hahaha

Nope not the relays, it was an egr sensor or relay that caused a dead short (something like that, my mechanic told me so) and in turn it caused the computer not to work at all. Now everything works, except my fuel gauge

nice!
Mechanic likely hooked it up to a pinout box and found the issue quickly

Your fuel gage is most likely the sender in the tank or wires to it at the tank

Do you think that could be the problem that was with my truck....others think it intermittently went on and off when a wire was wiggled? Doesn't make sense at all.

Back