89 lincoln markVII engine in a 88 fs bronco? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

89 lincoln markVII engine in a 88 fs bronco?

bullnerd

Reaction score
City, State
central jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 expo 5.0
I have a chance to get a 88 full size bronco from my nephew for free.Its rough and it doesn't run(it just stopped they say) but it could be saved.

I also have a guy at work with a low mileage(60k) lincoln mark 7 lsc ,that a tree fell on.The tree hit everywhere you wouldnt want i too,hood/fender most of the roof is caved,including both "b" pilars,trunk lid/quarter,not worth saving the body.

My question is, will the mark 7 motor bolt into the bronco?Thats if it is a 5.0 also,still have to go look at it,my nephew doesn't know.
Wiring?
Oil pan?

Any info would be huge ,thanks.

P.S. i might just take the engine to have just in case.

Guess I'm out of luck ,you guys were my only hope.

This section of the forum is not too popular, so don't expect an immediate answer, especially for a weird question like you have posed.

The mark vii DID have the 5.0, but i'm not sure if it's the same block or not. It should be possible to stuff it in though, wiring might be an issue depending on the systems used. I would try and have a look at the engine compartments of both, see how everything looks. The mark vii is definitly EFI but the bronco may not be, depending on the engine it has. Lots of possibilities here, I think the hardest will be dealing with the electronics.

Pretty much, mechanically, this is a bolt-in swap.

Just be sure to do your research, this will not be a difficult swap.

Jeff - :navajo:

Back