911!!!!waterleak

ssnow

Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte,In
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
Ok,
here is the problem. a few weeks ago i had to replace the water pump on my 98ex sport 4.0sohc. ever since i have had a small water leak i though i didnt get a bolt tight enough(bolt behind the bi-pass hose) so i added some bars stop leak. well i started up my truck to let it heat up and let it circulate and it got up to normal operating temperature and it started smoking big time. i shut it down and looked on the passanger side where it was smoking and i see antifreeze(untreated w/stop leak) sitting on the frame and antifreeze dripping down on the exhaust manifold. i cant tell where its dripping from though. i checked the oil and i dont see any water in the oil. anybody have any ideas?.

thanks
shawn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heater control valve. Do a search its very common.

ok thanks ill check into it

ok so i looked into it and i finaly figured out where its leaking but...i have no idea what the part is called so im hopeing somebody can tell me what it is..its located right above the transmission dipstick and its kinda like a splice type thing that connects lines from i think the waterpump(not sure) but they end up going into heater hoses that go inside the truck....

thanks
shawn

the piece apears to be for both lines(lower and upper) and its metal

ok i wasnt sure if that was the hcv or not since it didnt look like the same thing as in the picture that advanced auto has on there site.

Back