92' No Fuel Pump. Have changed. Checked fuses. Thanks! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92' No Fuel Pump. Have changed. Checked fuses. Thanks!

TreDen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
92 first gen explorer.

Parked it for the winter and it will not start this spring.

I turn the key and hear no sound from the fuel pump. I changed the fuel pump last year and knowing how those Chinese cheap parts last I figured it was probably the pump and went ahead and changed it again. Thanks to everyone here I was smart enough to cut an access panel :)

I changed the fuel pump, turn the key and...nothing. I don't have an owners manual, or at least a good one. I tried to check some fuses, all look ok.

This is a little over my head. Where should I start now?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try theFuel pump relay, its in the underhood box, the inside of the lid has a map

try theFuel pump relay, its in the underhood box, the inside of the lid has a map

If you mean check the fuse under the distributor box under the hood, I have done that and the fuse is fine. I have read about an inertia switch? Would anyone know where that is located on the 92. What else should I look at?

Thanks for the reply!

There is a relay in the power distribution box, separate from the fuse.

The inertia switch is under the carpet by the center hump right close to the dash.

Pull your access panel and verify voltage on the harness with the key on.

Thanks guys. I will check the relay in the power box tomorrow. I only checked the fuse you I will look around and see what you mean.

Also, I found the inertia switch, knew it was a long shot, but yeah it's fine.

Mbrooks420, you say take the access panel off? What access panel are you talking about? The power distributor box? I don't think the 92 first gen explorer had a fuse panel on the side? The only fuses I have been able to find are under the steering wheel, above the clutch on the right hand side?

Will update. Really need her on the farm this summer.

The access panel you added for fuel pump access ;)

If you have a manual trans, check the clutch defeat switch on the pedal.

Back