'92 XLT 4x4 5.5" Lift 33"x12.5 Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'92 XLT 4x4 5.5" Lift 33"x12.5 Tires

This is my baby, I was haveing a little trouble with my friends sayying that my X was small, so I decided to take this..
Dead Link Removed
a 4.0 V6 4x4 Factory Explorer with a nice stereo and a tv, but no muscle.

Until one day around thanksgiving I decided to give it a little push, towards the sky!

It became....
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
With a 5.5in Superlift, steering stabilizers, 2 JL 15" W-6 subs, Alpine V12 Amps, Alpine headunit, Sony CD changer, Kicker crossover w/ remote bass, 6.5" LCD TV, DVD, VHS, and Nintendo (Dosen't Skip! :D )

Next I plan to add the following in order if I can:
-Custom Air Intake
-Custom Full Skid Plates
-5.0 V8 (Crate Supped)
-New Tranny
-New Gears
-Spare Mud Tires w/ Rims
- Any Ideas? -

Look at my link to see how I did this and as I go further you can see the pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks Great!!!!!!

Same lift and size tires I plan on doing. Any other problems other than the pitman arm?

Van

Looks great! Congratulations.

Lift Problems

For Van:
Putting this together was no real problem, it was quick and easy, but I had the luck of haveing (every tool possible) you can do this (no new axel pivot bushings) with only the following, Impact wrench, tork wrench, 2 jack stands, 2 jacks, pittman arm puller, porta power, tons of WD-40 (please precoat all parts for at least a week!), ratchet, breaker bar, and a drill with big bits, oh yeah, a good friend that you can trust!

Once you have all the parts :) the rest is simple, but I must advise double check everything and watch all u joints.

For Everyone!
:confused:
I am at week 2-3 I think and I am experience a popping noise during turns, when wet/cold only.
I replaced everyting possible, ideas?

Major Update!

To All There was a popping (metal to metal) that I could feel in the floor and all through the X I had no idea, I thought bushings, but fixxed them, then the radius arms, even went to ford and talked with a front end professional ;-) no Ideas, finally I thought to check the coil springs on the front , the mount has a design like this: A->|s(x- which is A-arm, bolt, bottom seat, bushing, spring, top cup seat, nut, bolt

my change looks like this A->|s)x- which is A-arm, bolt, bottom seat, bushing, spring, TOP CUP UPSIDE DOWN, nut, bolt

This change has eliminated the popping completley! the problem is the bushing design it is too small for superlift spring, so flip the cup and tighten it real tight and your ready!

Damn kidd, so it was the ( that holds the spring down, the slack in there hitting? Glad to hear that htere is no more popping

Too Confuseing

You you think that my diagram was too complicated?

Back