'93-'97 Ranger = '91-'94 Explorer

B94Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Geneva, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I know a few things from a '93-'97 ranger are the same as on a '91-'94 Explorer, but what about the instrument cluster? Specifically, a cluster with a tachometer. My friend has a '93 Ranger without a tach and the cluster looks exactly the same as a '91-'94 Explorer's cluster, without tachometer. Are they the same or is there some subtle difference? I want to order some white face gauges and everyone says they don't have any for a '91-'94 Explorer, but if the '93-'97 Ranger is the same, might as well order those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has a '95 Ford Ranger Splash and the gauges and the inside resemble those of a 95+ Explorer..

'92 Rangers and below are the same as '91-'94.

(correct me if I'm mistaken)

ok 89-92 rangers=91-94 Xs

but some 93-94 Rangers have 91-94 Exlporer dashes

Well I walked around a few parking lots and found 2 Rangers from those model years that had the same cluster as my '94's, but also found some that had the newer clusters with the 120 mph speedos, etc... Hmmm... I don't see how they could offer white face gauges for a '93-'97 Ranger if those years have two different types of cluster layouts? Odd.

89-94 Rangers with a tach have the same cluster as any 91-94 Explorer.

any Ranger 95+ with a tach has the same cluster as an Explorer from 95-2001.

HTH,
Cory

Back