• Register Today It's free!

93 expl 4x4 switch

swabby47

Reaction score
City, State
priest river idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer
Hi all Just picked up a 93 exploder for cheap because the dash switch for the 4x4 has been swiped. I picked one up from a wrecking yard but even tho i haver power to to the plug the switch doesnt work. is there a way to test either the switch or the whole circut to id the weak spot? local ford dealer wants $90 to hook it up to his computer. this is a budget operation so cant put a lot of cash out for troubleshooting. thanks in advance for any help.

I put a electric shift motor on a 1354 transfer case. has anyone mess with the settings; because it doesn't seem to go all the way into four high.

Hi all Just picked up a 93 exploder for cheap because the dash switch for the 4x4 has been swiped. I picked one up from a wrecking yard but even tho i haver power to to the plug the switch doesnt work. is there a way to test either the switch or the whole circut to id the weak spot? local ford dealer wants $90 to hook it up to his computer. this is a budget operation so cant put a lot of cash out for troubleshooting. thanks in advance for any help.

well what I would do is there is a shift motor on the back of the transfer case and I would take it off and see if the motor is moving the shaft for four wheel drive. the motor is usually the weak link.

Back