• Register Today It's free!

94 EB Vacuum line ?

Steve_N

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' EB
I just got the truck and was cleanning up the engine bay & noteced this vacuum line unpluged. I looked but could not find where it plugs into. The truck runs fine but I'm sure it would help if it was connected correctly. Its the line on top of the crankcase breather hose. I would appreciate any info on what its for & where it plug into.

753294_94_full.jpg

Thanks
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that hose goes to the little nub on the back of the airbox..there should be two of them there and that certainly looks like one of them

Nope, both of those are pluged in. When I found the loose line it was resting on the upper rad hose just under the Intake. Any other Ideas?

TIA

There should be an EPA vacuum sticker on the front of the car next to the hood latch. It shows the vacuum routing from the manifold on the rear of the valve cover on the driver's side. In addition thee is a line that goes to the vacuum reservoir over the evaporator.

Trace the lines to their destinations, there's a couple interconnects. Another possibility is that the lines get brittle as they age occasionally they break and the owner installs a new line and leaves the old lines hanging. An open vacuum line leads to all sorts of problems, particularly in fuel efficiency.

94xlt4x4 said:
that hose goes to the little nub on the back of the airbox..there should be two of them there and that certainly looks like one of them

I took my air box off and notice that silver disc in there about 1.5" diameter by .25" thick.....
What is that and what does it do that it needs vaccum lines? :confused:

oh and steve, did you check you vacuum tree for open ports?

you might also want to check the heater control vacuum diaphragm. It's located just to the inside of the blower motor that looks kinda like the one on mine. Or the vacuum canister on top of the ac condenser if you have it.

Mic_ said:
I took my air box off and notice that silver disc in there about 1.5" diameter by .25" thick.....
What is that and what does it do that it needs vaccum lines? :confused:

It's the Inlet Air Temperature sensor and it controls the vacuum motor that mixes the inlet air to maintain a 70 to 105 degree F operating range.

Back