94 mustang gt help

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
Okay, I have a friend with a 94 mustang GT convertable, it has the 302 in it. I recently got him addicted to drag racing, and now he's wanting to fix it up, so he was talking to some friend of his that's supposed to be a mechanic, and was told that he could get 50-75hp from an intake and exaust, and I just don't belive that I told him at most 30 and that was pushing it, so i'm looking for some people to tell me what the deal is, i'm linking the exact parts that he was told to buy below. Thanks for your help. I just don't want to see him spend all that money and then be dissapointed when he doesn't get what he's expecting.

link 1

link 2

link 3

I've had 4 5.0's so far and that kinda HP is generally not a bolt on deal. Ironicly my last car was a 94GT conv. :D Between the exhaust, a F.I.P.K. and advancing the timing you'd be lucky to see 25-35hp gain. Now get you some underdriven pulleys and a shorter belt to eliminate the A/C and you're around 50hp. But to get much above that you're gonna need to start investing in heads and camshaft or a supercharger :cool: They're addicting little cars and the number of mods is limitless.Biggest bang for the buck, gears :thumbsup:

:chug: :chug:

Back