94 Saturn SL2 5 speed. Need Help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Saturn SL2 5 speed. Need Help!!!

markedman450

Reaction score
City, State
Enola, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
So old faithful has 250k miles on it. Runs great, clutch doesnt slip at all. All was good till one day after work i go to leave and after starting car i notice it wont shift into any gear. Shut the car off and it shifts into every gear. Checked the cables and they are ok. I left it in first gear with clutch pedal to the floor and started car. Car tried to start moving like clutch was just starting to engage. Will not shift at all out of first till i shut it off. After talking to a few advance auto ppl i bought a clutch slave and master cylinder assembly made by perfection clutch. Already filled and sealed so installed it. Ws told no bleeding should be needed but took the cap off and pressed the clutch down a few dozen times, checked fluid and put cap back on. Started it up and still will not shift. This time though when i start it in first gear, the clutch is not engaging at all when pedal down, i can start off in first and drive around, press the clutch in and dis-engages again so that works. Took cap off again from master cylinder and pumped clutch over 50 times. Now sometimes it works fine, shifts through all gears, then next time it wont shift into or out of gear at all runniing.

My question is could there still be air in the system?? If i pull the slave out and press the cylinder in completely with cap off, that should remove any air right? Or should i also have someone press and hold clutch down and then try to push rod back into slave cylinder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You

did u get it fixed yet because i am having the same problem with my 98 satern and i need help Runs great, clutch doesn't slip at all. All was good till one day after going shopping i go to leave again and after starting car i notice it wont shift into any gear. Shut the car off and it shifts into every gear. Checked the cables and they are ok. clutch pedal to the floor and started car. Car tried to start moving like clutch was just starting to engage. Will not shift at all out of nutrul still i shut it off. After talking to a few advance auto ppl i bought a clutch slave and master cylinder assembly made by perfection clutch. Already filled and sealed so installed it. Was told no bleeding should be needed but took the cap off and pressed the clutch down a few dozen times, checked fluid and put cap back on. Started it up and still will not shift. This time i am still stuck in nutrul gear

Back