• Register Today It's free!

94 XLT AC isn't cold!!!

Spl Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey. So the middle of last summer my AC compressor took a dump. Since I was going to buy a new one I thought it would be a good idea to buy a new orifice tube and accumulator. Replaced all that and had the AC vacuumed out and refilled. It got me threw the rest of the summer but it wasn't cold! Just cold enough to keep you from sweating but that's it. But when im on the freeway and keeping my RPMs up it gets ice cold.

Its the same way today and I need to do something about it now. I have no leaks and im sure my AC system is full... I can hear the AC click on and run for a minuet or two and turn off and stay on when its on max AC. But its just not cold...

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::cool:

And how are you "sure" it's full? Have you put a gauge set on it and actually looked at the pressures? Not picking on you man but you need to see what the low side pressure is at least,it sounds like a low charge.Do you have any idea what the outlet temp is? It should cool to at least 20 F below ambient temp.:D

What you need to do is try to get a low side pressure reading while it is running w/AC on then post that,at the minimum that should be 25psi and it would be better if it was 35psi.:D

Back