Sp0rtTr4c's lightbar/stereo thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sp0rtTr4c's lightbar/stereo thread

Sp0rtTr4c

Reaction score
City, State
So. Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
04' Sport Trac
So the big truck show i have been waiting for finally came this weekend but sadly it was a big disappointment. I got the "show price" quotes on everything I wanted and the prices were more than what I have found things for online. Procomp was the only booth that would work with me so I only bought from them. I picked up a 12 inch LED light bar. It retails for 300, the show price was 240 but I managed to get them down to 228. I am very pleased with procomp and I can't wait to get the light on the truck.

Also I am ordering from Sonicelectronix.com (awesome place, great deals and great previous experiences) a 6.2 in. dvd,cd,mp3 head unit and some door speakers. What is nice is the head unit is touch screen but it also has buttons incase the touch screen fails. I thought that was cool since all the reviews I was reading, and I read alot, all the headunits have problems with thetouch screens. I just really want a screen so my fiance can watch movies when we go on drives. I also have a kicker cvr 12 with a ported box, kenwood amp, and a capacitor that will go in the back.

Only pic for now. I will post more when we do the install. Then I'll post pics of the stereo afterwards when I get it.
lightbar.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looked at Rigid Ind. lights but don't have that kinda budget for lights. Gonna look good man.

that 6.2 in HU gunna fit in the dash? Last I check the dash opening was 4 something.

You should put the light bar behind the grill!!! Keep thieves away!! I'd **** if someone stole my $250 light bar with just a couple wrenches..

Behind the grill! Behind the grill! Behind the grill!

Ahhh, should have read those posts sooner! That is a great idea! I might change it in the future. Here is how it came out. It would have been a nightmare to put it where I have pictured above. I'm hoping this spot is not to low, but like I said I may move it. It is bright!!!

lightbar6.jpg

lightbar1.jpg

lightbar2.jpg

lightbar3.jpg

lightbar4.jpg

lightbar5.jpg

Back