95' Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95' Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4

Hey! What's up...fantastic. So just decided to become a Elite member! And if I'm an elite member, may aswell post in the Elite Registry!

Let's cut to the chase, back in November of last year I picked up my first car, which is a 95 Explorer!
0C5259ED-C1EA-4FE8-8507-40F4C689135E.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

Being 16 this is a huge step!! We picked it up for $700, we talked the guy down from $1500, with the only real issue being the brakes, they were basically shot, but we got it home and put new pads and bled the system the same day!

Please let me know what you think!
I will be posting more on this thread, I also have a list of "things to do" for it, which I will be posting soon aswell

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then, if you are willing, and your dad, find an explorer limited that "IS NOT" running because you can get those for cheap. Please don't get me wrong, if you can find one that is running for cheap you should consider that as well. I am pretty sure that 95-2000 interior parts will be mostly interchangeable. I believe 95-97 most all parts are interchangeable. The limited usually has nicer seats then the Bauer. Just make a plan! Keep in mind to take it all when swapping parts, wiring and all pertinent module's for the options you will be adding. You asked before and I had forgotten to answer the question of "blend door". The blend door and the blend door actuator are both inside the glove box compartment. The blend door actuator move's the small door inside the heater plenum,(the long black air box under the dash), to give you different air temperature's in your rig. The blend door is what the actuator moves to do that. The blend door often on these rigs cracks or breaks. This means you will get no heat or no cold, depending whether it was opened or closed at the time it broke. The actuator itself sometimes quits working too, and that will have the same effect as the blend door breaking, no heat or cold. It is very easy to check to see which one is out. If you never have taken the glove box out, or just undone so it hangs there, that is easy as well,(no tools). Just open the glove box and where the glove box rest when open are the very same tabs you pull inward towards each other and the box will then just hang down so you can look behind it to see the actuator, top of the plenum with the wire plugged into it, that is the actuator and it controls the blend door. Hope that helped.
Loquetus

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

S
Then, if you are willing, and your dad, find an explorer limited that "IS NOT" running because you can get those for cheap. Please don't get me wrong, if you can find one that is running for cheap you should consider that as well. I am pretty sure that 95-2000 interior parts will be interchangeable. I believe 95-97 most all parts are interchangeable. The limited usually has nicer seats then the Bauer. Just make a plan! Keep in mind to take it all when swapping parts, wiring and all pertinent module's for the options you will be adding. You asked before and I had forgotten to answer the question of "blend door". The blend door and the blend door actuator are both inside the glove box compartment. The blend door actuator move's the small door inside the heater plenum,(the long black air box under the dash), to give you different air temperature's in your rig. The blend door is what the actuator moves to do that. The blend door often on these rigs cracks or breaks. This means you will get no heat or no cold, depending whether it was opened or closed at the time it broke. The actuator itself sometimes quits working too, and that will have the same effect as the blend door breaking, no heat or cold. It is very easy to check to see which one is out. If you never have taken the glove box out, or just undone so it hangs there, that is easy as well,(no tools). Just open the glove box and where the glove box rest when open are the very same tabs you pull inward towards each other and the box will then just hang down so you can look behind it to see the actuator, top of the plenum with the wire plugged into it, that is the actuator and it controls the blend door. Hope that helped.
Loquetus
so if I wired it with stock wiring I wouldn't have temperature change? Would it be a simple fix to change th blend door actuator with one in a limited with eatc?

First off we need to get this conversation moved from the registry to the 1995-2001 stock second gen section. Once moved, there will be a lot of help chiming in. The head unit you are using takes signals from the blower control module to adjust the blend door. Can you wire it up to just move the blend door instead of waiting for the blower control module? Yes, it has been done in this group before. Hopefully he will chime in, when this conversation has been moved. Just ask the moderator to move your conversation there, he and you have the power to do that, I do not. Look forward to seeing you there. After you log on look at the top section for the "moderators" click on one of them and ask to have this thread moved.
Loquetus

Update! Jan-17-17

Hey, haven't updated in a while!
Anyway let's get to it. So in case anybody didn't know my explorer has been starting to squeak, many say ball joints are bad, so that's what I'm going to do later on when I have the money to do so, but I did a couple a cheap mods to my explorer, for instance I painted the wiper arms front and back matte black since they were fading
IMG_0614.JPG
You can kinda see in this picture
IMG_0612.JPG

And the back
IMG_0613.JPG

But that's not all I painted today, I popped the hood and painted a plastic cover (don't know exactly what for I I did paint it and it's now blue
IMG_0610.JPG

I wanted to paint more and that's when I decided to paint the radiator overfill cap and the windshield washer fluid cap, and since I'm kinda good with paint, I made the letters yellow still
IMG_0609.JPG
I really love this look, please let me know what you think and if I should paint anything else
IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

Ordered another grille and blacked it out
IMG_0691.JPG

I still got my old one, also ditched the side
steps
IMG_0715.JPG
100% rust free underneath
And I thinks that's it I'll post again if I foregot something

I think I would have painted the chrome front end pieces the same color as your rig and left just the grill you painted black, but I could get used to the black, as that is my favorite color. Your rig is looking great!
The squeaking front end is an easy cure, remove and replace. Then have it aligned. Just replace with OEM or better. To replace both sides will take the better part of a weekend doing it yourself with the new parts in hand and the proper tools, may go faster with help from your father. It is not hard work if your parts are not rusted together. Torque everything to spec then check twice one at about 50 miles the other at 100 miles, if everything checks out, your good to go. Can't wait to see the end result. Have fun!
Loquetus

I think I would have painted the chrome front end pieces the same color as your rig and left just the grill you painted black, but I could get used to the black, as that is my favorite color. Your rig is looking great!
The squeaking front end is an easy cure, remove and replace. Then have it aligned. Just replace with OEM or better. To replace both sides will take the better part of a weekend doing it yourself with the new parts in hand and the proper tools, may go faster with help from your father. It is not hard work if your parts are not rusted together. Torque everything to spec then check twice one at about 50 miles the other at 100 miles, if everything checks out, your good to go. Can't wait to see the end result. Have fun!
Loquetus
My eventual goal it to make the grille and other body parts th same color as the vehicle itself.
Like you mentioned the taking parts from a limited,
Project Eddie Limited

Lots of mods since last update, limited grille, custom mesh grille behind the grille and some sexy photos
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG

Looking great! A 1999-2000 bumper will look good on it, That is what I did with mine. I found mine at a garage sale in near mint condition and gave 40 bucks for it. Have you looked for a donor rig to buy or are you still thinking of selling her? I love the blue lights on the license plate. Good luck on your project which ever you decide.
Loquetus

Looking great! A 1999-2000 bumper will look good on it, That is what I did with mine. I found mine at a garage sale in near mint condition and gave 40 bucks for it. Have you looked for a donor rig to buy or are you still thinking of selling her? I love the blue lights on the license plate. Good luck on your project which ever you decide.
Loquetus
Keeping but modifying, I really do want that 99-01 bumper, might pick on up at the pull yard one of these times thanks for the support!

It is a slow process to fix up our rigs but worth the "test in patience" to get to were we want them. I am going to invest in a SUV tent for mine, https://www.pickupspecialties.com/Sportz_tent/suv_tent_with_screen_room.htm, and also a rooftop cargo carrier, some more suspension accessories, skid plate, bull bar, winch plate and winch, lights.... well you get the jist. Then I plan on going on some of the "light runs" with the group, nothing to hard as I don't wish to damage my ride. Again good luck with your rig it is looking great,I know I have said this before but I will post some pictures of mine I only need to level it first with some shackles in the back and a small torsion twist up front.
Loquetus

Back